Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to gain access to model x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i don’t know if anyone has had this problem but this weekend I was unable to gain access to my car.
Both fobs had stopped working the app on my phone was unable to receive a signal. When I contacted Tesla they could not see my vehicle on line so a couple hours later they manage to open my car. The app on my phone is intermittent hopefully when the car goes in for problems with the Falcon doors alignment get sorted they can address this problem.
Has anyone else had a problem like this.
Also the breakdown company that came out did not have a clue as what to do.
I would welcome you replies

I couldn't get into my ICE at a motorway service station a month or so back. I assumed that the fob batteries were flat, and got in via alternative route (prise the door handle cover off to reveal conventional key socket, extract emergency key from fob, and enter).

But I haven't replaced the batteries in the fob since, and they have been fine, so clearly the batteries were not flat

I seem to remember hearing that there are some spots where there is radio interference, or similar?, which prevents key fobs working.

But seems unlikely that that would also interfere with both your Phone APP and Tesla's ability to talk to the car? ... maybe that's what you encountered?

Not a full answer to your issues, but my Model X dropped off the grid all the time. I mentioned to Tesla the issue -- no maps though I'm downtown, can't turn on climate from App through I'm in my suburban driveway, etc. -- and they replace the LTE module. Now it's tremendously better. I can still find spots that I can't get reception, but it's in the middle of the mountains, etc., where I'd expect that.