Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App unable to Navigate to address

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Quickst

Nov 20, 2021
Sydney
Problem: Tesla App unable to navigate to address

iPhone iOS up to date 17.0.3
Tesla App up to date 4.26.2
Tesla MYLR23 software .32.9

I can wake the car easily with App

This is the screen I get when I type in a destination:
IMG_1702.jpeg

I can navigate using app to "current address"
IMG_1707.png

I can navigate to supercharger
But I can't navigate to a destination other than "current address" or "supercharger".

Tesla app settings:
IMG_1713.png

Tesla over the phone tech people unable to find a solution so I will be bringing the car in.

Anyone got ideas?.

Reactions: francton
I'm having the same problem. Looks like it's a software problem in the app. I can't do it either and I'm sure I've done it before from the app.
I'm not sure bringing the car in will fix the issue, but if it does please let us know.

You probably already know this, but if all you need is to set the navigation address from your iPhone (not sure with Androids), you can share the location from Google Maps or Apple Maps to the Tesla app and it will send the address to the car.

Problem: Tesla App unable to navigate to address
I’ve had exactly the same problem for about the last week. Previously was working fine but the last time I had checked would have been about a month ago. I thought I was because I had changed to a new iPhone, but there’s clearly a wider problem going on here. I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling the app and the problem remains.

you can share the location from Google Maps or Apple Maps to the Tesla app and it will send the address to the car.
Yes, that remains functional. The only thing lacking is battery SOC edit but not a significant issue.
If you enter the address in your calender/diary as location does it successfully send it to the car?
No, not only does it not send to car, entering any address into the app Navigation does not return any selectable address other than "current location" - see 1st screenshot in original post

Additionally when I request a Tesla service, I am unable to enter in an address

You probably already know this, but if all you need is to set the navigation address from your iPhone (not sure with Androids), you can share the location from Google Maps or Apple Maps to the Tesla app and it will send the address to the car.
The app Tesla is useful to see what charging stops Tesla would recommend without having to go to the car to do this.

Reactions: francton