Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to log into Tesla.com and app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ran into this a couple days ago where my iPhone had signed me out of the App and the saved password would not sign me back in. Manually typing my password worked. Then late last night I went to download the current Model 3 manual from Tesla.com into Books on my iPad and encountered the same problem - saved password didn't work, but manually typing it in did.

Today I did some digging and was surprised to discover the saved password in Keychain, the password manager on Mac, was all bullets (••••••••••••). When I show passwords for other sites I see the expected password. So I deleted the entries from Keychain and logged back in on Tesla.com. The newly created saved password was once again all bullets.

I think I know what's up - when typing the password on Tesla.com I noticed that I can briefly see each character before it's replaced by a bullet. I do not see that occurring with password fields on other sites. As such, I suspect Tesla changed something with the password field on their site which is causing Safari/Keychain to think I typed the bullet characters.

Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 11.48.26 AM.png

Last edited:
I'm having an issue that where I can log in to tesla.com but once I click on tot the details of the car, I just get a blank screen. It has been that way since they fixed the larger issue. It's annoying. I can't see my own car and or download any of the manuals or warranty documents. I have talked to website tech support a few times and nobody seems to be able to fix it. Anyone else have this issue?