Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to login Youtube

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you ever find a solution? I won't say it works for everyone - I am having the same issue. Once I put my google password in it says my tesla browser not secure to login in and keep my information safe. I have tried to turn off 2 factor, allow less secure sites and rebooted the car....no luck - any help anyone?

Reactions: Oneka and ZappCatt
Is there a way get local channels with YouTube TV for regional football games? I get the message that I need to verify my location in the browser and can't find a way to do that. I have tried using the cars app and browser and get the same.

Youtube now goes out of Telefonica Spain's IP, rather than KPN Netherlands. I wonder if the IP change is why your account is not allowed to login. Have you checked for any google security alerts in your google security console?

Reactions: ZappCatt
Perhaps you can't upload a pic because of your low post count. However, you didn't answer the other questions: How are you trying to log in? Do you have two factor authorization enabled? Are you using the web browser version or the built in app? What firmware version? You should not be getting that error if you are using the built in app, which is why seeing a pic might help to determine how you are trying to log in.

PSA: If you are logged into YouTube, this means that anyone sitting in your car can read anything in your gmail account. Or send emails as you.
This is true, and something everyone needs to be aware of. Log out when you take your car in for service, or leave it with anyone else, or even you share it with a family member. (or if you're forgetful like me, just stay logged out unless you really want to watch something and your phone won't do)

Then I don't know what the problem is. It sounds like it should work, I've never gotten that error. What I've seen in other similar situations is that the tesla keyboard doesn't have all the characters, sometimes you have to change your password to get it to work, although I don't see how that would cause your symptoms.

I tried signing out and signing back in, to make sure it works for me, it worked with no problems. First you click the button at the top right
1.jpg

...then enter your gmail address (I've entered mine before, so it popped up automatically -
2.jpg

...then it prompts you for a password...
3.jpg

If you have two factor turned on, then it sends a code to your phone, which you enter - I'd already done that, so didn't need to re-enter it, and then your signed in -
4.jpg

Don't know if any of this will help you, but maybe it'll help someone.

Then I don't know what the problem is. It sounds like it should work, I've never gotten that error. What I've seen in other similar situations is that the tesla keyboard doesn't have all the characters, sometimes you have to change your password to get it to work, although I don't see how that would cause your symptoms.

I tried signing out and signing back in, to make sure it works for me, it worked with no problems. First you click the button at the top right
View attachment 484003

...then enter your gmail address (I've entered mine before, so it popped up automatically -
View attachment 484005

...then it prompts you for a password...
View attachment 484006

I have the same issue.

Follow step 1,2,3 as shown here and get the error from Google saying "not a secure browser" or something like that and refuses to log in.