Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to login Youtube

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same
Same issue here. .

Same here.."Not a secure browser" error.

I tried some of the suggestions above, soft car reset, login on either Google.com or YouTube.com, allow me to enter Usern/passwrd, but returns error saying I need to change brower due to: "Not a secure browser"..

Next time I'm in the car I'll try the Pixel.tv login, as suggested earlier.

Last edited:
Reactions: New_Old_Stock
Thanks so much to everyone on this civilized forum for offering such a simple solution. Yes, a Google sign-in to any supported site on the web browser automatically unlocks YouTube (or rather, allows YouTube to launch from the Entertainment section with the user automatically logged in). Thanks again for the valuable discussion thread.

I was able to login by going to another website that I use login with google. Specifically, I looked up Plex.tv on the YouTube app and logged in with google. Then when I went back to YouTube app, I was logged in.

Thank you @theamaznazn!! Took delivery today (12/21/2019) and I could not login and received the same error message. Logged in to Plex with my google account and now I can login to built-in YouTube app!

I have the same issue with inability to log into YouTube. I tried logging into google via browser with same result. I’ll try the plex.tv idea and see if that works. Super annoying because I just signed up for YouTube premium for max enjoyment lol. Thanks for the tips everyone.

Plex.tv trick worked for me. Thanks for the tip to whoever figured that out!

I don't have Plex or any other Google instruments. I tried logging into gmail - same error, browser may not be secure...
That error is why people are using sites like Plex's Google SSO, it's not checking the same list that logging directly into Google does.

You can create a free Plex account and do nothing with it than log in if you really want to let anyone in your car have full access to your Gmail account though.

I picked up a new Model 3 yesterday and am having the same issue logging into YouTube. I get the: "You are trying to sign in from a browser or app that doesn't allow us to keep your account secure. Try using a different browser."

I submitted a support ticket today so we'll see what Tesla responds with.

How do I submit a ticket? Can you help me out with this, I am havithe same prob and I picked up my Car 7 days ago.

Thabk you!

How do I submit a ticket? Can you help me out with this, I am havithe same prob and I picked up my Car 7 days ago.

Thabk you!
Tesla SSO – Login To contact Tesla for minor issues/questions. If you have a more major issue you can schedule service through the Tesla app. For my YouTube question I received a reply that was no help from Tesla approximately a week later, so the support here on the forums was a lot more helpful.

Reactions: New_Old_Stock