Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to login Youtube

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually you don't have to.
I don't use Google to login to Plex. However I still opened the browser, went to Plex.tv and used the Google login.
It doesn't actually have to match an account on plex.
You can then close the browser and YouTube will have you logged-in. (Which means that Netflix and YouTube apps are just a browser window in fullscreen, not actual apps)

Thanks. It worked!!

Reactions: ValXp
When I was a Hulu subscriber I was able to stream in my M3 without issues. But when I canceled Hulu and switched to YouTube TV, that’s when the Google login issue surfaced.

This fix worked for me too, but it’s strange that some folks report no problems whatsoever with logging into Google.

Thank you for the plex.tv advice! My navi memory was full and Tesla said to do a full reset. When I tried to log back into youtube i had the security warning too. Tesla said google log ins are not allowed. I told them that was BS because I was logged in before the reset. The I come here and find the work around! Thanks!

I actually tried to login to YouTube yesterday after getting the V10 update months ago. I got the same problem and came here to look for a solution. So when I get back to my car after work, I will try my DoorDash account.. it used Google login. Now if DoorDash will deliver to my car....I could just live in it. You know.. watch Netflix, eat, sleep....well have to leave the car to go to the bathroom.....

BTW, the sound system in the Model 3 is so much better than my home TV's speaker LOL. When things were blowing up in the show, I could feel the deep vibrations at my legs.

I was able to login by going to another website that I use login with google. Specifically, I looked up Plex.tv on the YouTube app and logged in with google. Then when I went back to YouTube app, I was logged in.
This did the job for me too. Signed into another service via the car browser using Google authentication and lo and behold, the credentials are supplied to YouTube app and I'm in. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: