Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to schedule service due to existing phantom appointment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The only way to schedule service these days is through the app.
When I go to "Schedule Service", it shows an appointment for a service I did back in November. I'm not sure why it's still showing there, but the net result is that I am unable to schedule a new one.
On that same page, a button labelled "Modify or Cancel" can be pressed. When I do, it takes me to another detailed appointment page, with no option to Modify or Cancel.

Since there is no way to reach out service via any other way (both phone support number & website redirect you to the app), I see no way out of this deadlock.

I could not see the live chat option either on the support page.

Any suggestions to get out of this deadlock?

TIA

Hi Redox,

At least one other here had this problem.
Call your service center and "get a status update" on your current service... (the old one that is still hung up)
Ask the service center - What do they need to do to properly close the previous service...
because you cannot add a new service in the app.
After they properly close the old service you should be able to schedule the new service...

Good luck,

Shawn

I just bumped into this same frustrating problem on 11/27/2022! I’m amazed Tesla has not already flagged this issue and enabled a user-initiated edit function into the app!

Tesla’s failure to close and remove old appointments should NOT block a customer’s ability to schedule new service help. Especially since Tesla has already eliminated so many human points of useful assistance.