Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to Set Glovebox Pin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So this is odd; when I set a glovebox pin, it opens the prompt per usual. When I entered the desired pin, it sat for about a second, cleared the entry field, and kept the set glovebox pin prompt up. It never actually commits the pin I am requesting to commit. Does anyone know why this may be the case? I've noticed it since the first day I had it, but I can't figure out why this may be happening. I figured it was just a bug with the factory-backdated software, but it still has been an issue. Pin to Drive works fine and always has! Currently running: 2022.40.4.1

I searched for this bug but couldn't find anything.

Solution
You're right! I checked again. I can disable the PIN by entering my previous PIN but when I try to add a new PIN then only my previous PIN works. I should have tried a different one the first time around.

I tried the option to enter my Tesla email and password at the bottom but that failed to work. Perhaps because I added two factor authentication to my Tesla account.
WORKING! Somehow a glovebox pin had been set on my account, no idea how as I’ve never had a Tesla before and never was able to set this feature. I logged into my account and it gave a different prompt when trying to set a glovebox pin. My assumption is somehow the data a pin was set was sent to the mothership, but no pin was actually set. Either way...
That's strange. I went out to my car and tried it before posting. Obvious PINs didn't work but my normal PIN was fine. BTW: you could have shown a non-obvious PIN that was not the one you want to use. There are plenty of PINs.
Yeah it is, I hadn’t think that I needed to since my standard pin wasn’t working and doesn’t fall under easily guessable. Thanks for checking on yours! FWIW here are two pins that should fall under secure enough.

Upvote 0
You're right! I checked again. I can disable the PIN by entering my previous PIN but when I try to add a new PIN then only my previous PIN works. I should have tried a different one the first time around.

I tried the option to enter my Tesla email and password at the bottom but that failed to work. Perhaps because I added two factor authentication to my Tesla account.

Upvote 0

WORKING! Somehow a glovebox pin had been set on my account, no idea how as I’ve never had a Tesla before and never was able to set this feature. I logged into my account and it gave a different prompt when trying to set a glovebox pin. My assumption is somehow the data a pin was set was sent to the mothership, but no pin was actually set. Either way, very strange behavior and glad it’s fixed! Maybe on delivery a SA set a glovebox pin which had docs in it while they were waiting for me.

TLDR: Password reset may be the issue.

99444E73-5758-4E32-B677-D85D8CC35D3E.jpeg

Reactions: BitJam
Upvote 0
Solution
sorry for reviving this thread but i have a strange issue. So i bought a used ms. I am unable to reset the pin to drive and glovebox pins to default . When i enter my email and password it says its incorrect, while i am sure it is correct since i used it to logon to the app. I have mfa enabled could that be the reason?

Upvote 0
sorry for reviving this thread but i have a strange issue. So i bought a used ms. I am unable to reset the pin to drive and glovebox pins to default . When i enter my email and password it says its incorrect, while i am sure it is correct since i used it to logon to the app. I have mfa enabled could that be the reason?
Is your Model S in your app? Did the previous owner transfer the Model S to you or remove the car from their account? You may need to reach out to Tesla as the old info seems to be stuck.

Upvote 0
Well....We changed details like mail/password on the account because we want to keep the lifetime supercharging. Everything works fine, only pin cannot be reset, even if i use the previous owner his details it wont work because the mail address/password has been changed.

I might reach out some day...maybe an update will also fix it automatically, it is not a big deal but would ne nice and safe if i can set a pin to start.

Upvote 0