Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to turn off Climate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm unable to turn off Climate. The On/Off button is always set to On; when I press it to turn it off, it causes the Climate screen to slide down and disappear. This seemed to arise after my screen reset unexpectedly several days ago. I've tried resetting the screen myself to resolve the issue, but it hasn't helped.

Anybody else experience this? If so, were you able to resolve?

Hi Tam, I did try that, but no luck. I also tried pressing in the vicinity of the button, thinking there might be some sort of touchscreen calibration issue, but this didn’t work either.

Regardless, I appreciate your weighing in.

When I touch the power button in the Climate screen, the screen drops but the fan motor actually turns OFF as well, ...most notable when parked in a quiet zone, no music, no traffic, etc. (It is actually OFF).

However, as soon as you touch the fan icon to raise the Climate screen, the fan immediately turns ON again.

That's what i experienced.

Reactions: Cyclone
Hi x t2m x, I getting the same results that you're getting, which is great. Just out of curiosity, when you tap the on/off button in the Climate Control screen, does the screen stay visible with the button deselected, or does it also disappear like what I'm seeing?

Thanks

Visually, it’s hard to tell the difference between on and off. When on, the fan icon and temperature setting are white. When off, they’re a slightly different shade of gray.

Pressing the power button in the HVAC settings makes the menu disappear immediately, turning off the system. Touching the fan icon to bring the settings back up makes the HVAC turn on immediately.

So what is being described in the original post is the system working as designed.

Reactions: swaltner