Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Underpriced 2018 MSM "Stealth" Performance at Seattle Area Dealership - $43.8k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was scanning Car.com Listings

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/829876868/overview/

Noticed this picture:

upload_2020-12-13_23-51-27.png

Great steal for whoever can act on this one.... guessing dealership doesn't know what the have... :p

Finder fee commissions welcome :) j/k

Once you add in dealer fees and dealer taxes (vs private party on used car) you lose any advantage you had. It's very unlikely a dealer would not have any idea what they've got and be selling it at anything significantly below market value. Any dealer who does this won't be a dealer for long.

I guess I was comparing to listed values on Tesla's site.

I know they include FSD on their used models + 1 yr / 10k miles extended warranty.... but they are looking for approximately 50k for similar vehicle.

If you didn't care about FSD and could buy for 43.5ish then you can save 7-8k.

Plus you might get a better trade in value... Since Tesla tends to low ball. Private party doesn't help ppl who don't want to go through the hassel of reselling their current vehicle. Add in the sales tax credit and you usually come in pretty even on loss value you get by doing trade in vs. private party resell. (If you have a current vehicle of decent value)

I typically see regular AWD trims selling in this range. So to get a Stealth at similar price point seems like a good value. (Certainly in future resell value)

Nice, I have seen some good prices from Vroom.

I have just been trying to keep tabs on market prices.

As I am hunting for a specific configuration at a specific price point and also hoping to see a significant drop in used market with 2021 refresh and / or a 2021 tax credit renewal benefit (as I am assuming it would drive down demand for used older vehicles)

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Once you add in dealer fees and dealer taxes (vs private party on used car) you lose any advantage you had. It's very unlikely a dealer would not have any idea what they've got and be selling it at anything significantly below market value. Any dealer who does this won't be a dealer for long.
Most people have to pay sales tax on their private purchase when they go to register the car. There only a few states where there is a difference between a private sale and at a dealer as far as sales tax goes. That said that doesn’t seem like a deal because it’s an ‘18 with 18k miles, little wheels with hubcaps, black paint and only black seats, plus the 2018’s had earlier generation suspension and seats, not to mention it doesn’t have the full Performance package, only the Performance software. Tesla just offered me about the same amount on a trade for my showroom new October 2019 Performance 3+, Red/White, HW3, full Performance package with only 14k miles.

Last edited:
They had a picture of the "Software" screen for that listing. They don't typically take a picture of that page, however, it was present on some listings like this one (Used 2018 Tesla Model 3 For Sale ($46,480) | Vroom)

have you ever tried calling them to ask for autopilot version on their other cars? I wish they had an email or chat option lol

Also, thoughts on 2018 M3P PUP 15k miles with Enhanced autopilot for $45,950?