Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Understanding delivery estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
on first date available reserved 2 model 3 cars. On 1st day available placed order and received my LR version ( as owner of 2 Tesla cars on day of reservation, I got preference for early delivery). On first day AWD vesrsion became available I ordered one and have patiently waited. Now friends are getting emails saying they can order any version of model3 and get delivery in 2-4 months without reservation. So maybe someone can explain why my delivery window remains 2-4 months from now on a car reserved 3/31/16, ordered last week in May 2018. How is that reconciled?

on first date available reserved 2 model 3 cars. On 1st day available placed order and received my LR version ( as owner of 2 Tesla cars on day of reservation, I got preference for early delivery). On first day AWD vesrsion became available I ordered one and have patiently waited. Now friends are getting emails saying they can order any version of model3 and get delivery in 2-4 months without reservation. So maybe someone can explain why my delivery window remains 2-4 months from now on a car reserved 3/31/16, ordered last week in May 2018. How is that reconciled?

I believe because they are willing to buy a more expensive version.

why my delivery window remains 2-4 months from now on a car reserved 3/31/16, ordered last week in May 2018.
It's 2-4 months for all, maybe except some latest orders that slide to the next month.
You'll likely get it in less than 2 and somebody at the end of the line closer to 4.
If Tesla started giving really short estimates, they'd be inundated with calls about missed dates and accusations of lying all over in the media.

Reactions: thatguy142