Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

uneven warm air coming out of the vents

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 2017 june made model x 5 seater.

its my first winter with my tesla, last night when I turn on heating, i noticed that

1. passenger side of front vents is significantly cooler than driver side vent.

2. rear center vents air is cold, rare side vents also have freezing air coming out.

(after 1.5 hours of driving, still the same)

anybody else have the same issues?

Last edited:
Reactions: monkeyhouse2
I had this problem in my Model S, and I had service look at it several times and they could not duplicate the issue in their shop. When the heat is set for a middle-warm temperature (say 75-79 degrees), often times the air coming out of the driver side vents is warm and the air coming out of the passenger side vents is cool. Temperature settings for both sides were exactly the same. I really thought it was a flaw of some kind with my Model S because service had never heard of such an issue... but just the other day, the same exact behavior in my X. Now that I see it happens to other people too, it must be software related of some kind.

The AC works fine, you just have to set it to temperatures a few degrees lower than you would in an ICE car. I was never hot in a typical Dallas summer, but, keep the temp on 68, which is about the equivalent of 73 in my wife's ICE car.