Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uneventful delivery... just the way I like it!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow!!! There are a lot of horror stories on here about delivery and there are a few good stories. This is a “How car buying should be” story, sorry CarMax but Tesla has you beat.
It started with the reservation on Oct 8, 2018. I wanted the tech so I reserved a black LR RWD with aero but wanted the EAP and later added the FSD after I heard about the computer upgrade next year and before they took it off the menu. Speaking of which, this is what it is like ordering from Tesla, it’s a menu. You order what you want at the price shown and presto you’re done in a few minutes and $2,500 poorer. But that was it... simple!
Then the waiting game. Oh how awful it was. The agony. The endless research and reading. The sleepless nights, not really but you get the point.
In the meantime I got my loan and insurance squared away. That was easier than I thought to get a loan and a quote without a VIN.
Then on Oct 23 I got the email that I had a delivery date and VIN, I was so excited. Delivery scheduled for Nov 17.
...and we wait...
While waiting I found out that the car would be in FL on the 10th and I let them know I was available for an earlier pickup if possible.
I texted my IDA on Nov 7 asking if it was still on track to be in the state on the 10th and ready on the 17th and his reply was that it came on sooner and he asked if I wanted to pick it up earlier on the 11th, uh DUH YEAH!!!
Now we get to the uneventful delivery, I mean it was so boring that my wife sat in the ICE car that we drove there in. It was boring because I sat around for 45 minutes while they “cleaned” my car. A gentleman did come by as soon as I got there and got me my paperwork and wanted to get the paperwork done before the car was brought up, I said I would like to see the car before I sign anything and he was understanding and went away as there was nothing to do at this point.
This was no big deal as I read many times over about how bad the delivery is so I just waited patiently as the other customers before me were getting assistance. I then asked if I could look over the paperwork while waiting for the car and then I can sign after I looked over the car. Again he nicely went back and obtained the documents and brought them to me. They were perfect. All the numbers were correct, my information was correct. I was looking for the 3 foot carbon copy triplicate contract that has to go through the dot matrix printer, which I think this is the financing contract but you get the point. I only had to sign maybe 7 times.
Now when they brought my car up I was ready, I had my laser eyes powered on high and I was going to find every little problem. Now mind you I recently went through my walkthrough on my house peppered everything with blue painters tape. I’m OCD in crap like that. I swear to you I didn’t find a single issue. I sh!t you not!
This car was, to me, perfect. I’m not saying it was flawless perfect but the paint looked good. All the panels lined up nicely, the interior was good. I was ready to build my list and there was nothing I needed to put on it. I was ecstatic that it was going this well.
I am beyond happy with my experience with Tesla. My next car will be a Tesla sooner than originally planned.
After driving it for 2 days and 300 miles later the only issues I have are that the doors need to be closed harder than expected, the alignment is slightly off as it veers slightly left and the middle of the rear bumper where it meets the trunk at the latch is bending in and out. These are extremely minor.
In the end please remember there are many many more people that will take the time to complain than to praise because we want to others to feel our pain. I want to share my happiness. All in all I spent about a total of 20 minutes of activity to place my order and then receive my purchase with Tesla. Why is it that if you went to a “normal” dealership you’ll be waiting that long just for the sales person to come back from “checking with his manager”. Ugh, it makes me sick just thinking about it.
Happy driving everyone.

Wait, you didn't spend time with the salesperson to haggle your price?

Wait, you were not offered extended warranty, paint protection package, pre-paid maintenance plan from the "stealership"?

Wait, you didn't stay there for 5+ hours waiting for the finance department to go over your paperwork, the warranty department to suck more money out of you, and probably the detail department to spend more time prepping the car before you can drive it off the lot?

How could you buy from a company call Telsa that makes the buying experience so unconventional?

Haha, congrats on your uneventful delivery.

Enjoy your car! :D

Reactions: Firedog7881
It always seems that the unhappy voices are the loudest (or sometimes the only ones that speak up) so thank you for this reassuring post!

I ordered 11/8 and have delivery scheduled for 11/20 (possibly sooner) and I’ve been nothing but happy so far. Glad to see others are having great experiences too!

Reactions: Firedog7881
It always seems that the unhappy voices are the loudest (or sometimes the only ones that speak up) so thank you for this reassuring post!

I ordered 11/8 and have delivery scheduled for 11/20 (possibly sooner) and I’ve been nothing but happy so far. Glad to see others are having great experiences too!
Tesla absolutely falls under “Hope for the best and prepare for the worst” because you could have any experience in between. Congratulations and good luck!

Wait, you didn't spend time with the salesperson to haggle your price?

Wait, you were not offered extended warranty, paint protection package, pre-paid maintenance plan from the "stealership"?

Wait, you didn't stay there for 5+ hours waiting for the finance department to go over your paperwork, the warranty department to suck more money out of you, and probably the detail department to spend more time prepping the car before you can drive it off the lot?

How could you buy from a company call Telsa that makes the buying experience so unconventional?

Haha, congrats on your uneventful delivery.

Enjoy your car! :D
Thank you. I am very much enjoying it.