Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unfortunate incident with my P85+ last night

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've considered putting a laptop in the hatch footwell (or somewhere else) that is offloading video from the camera over the camera's wifi. I didn't get to the point of figuring out how to run a power cord to the laptop, but I have considered it.

You could try a "raspberry pi" single board computer with camera module or USB webcam, it can run from one of the two USB ports in the car so wiring is less of an issue.

Hussain, all that happened is really terrible and I hate to think of you going around feeling having been violated.

Even without the later revelation that there has been some paint damage, my suspicion is that repairs to what you first described is going to set you back considerably more than your $1K deductible. Would love to hear I'm wrong, but I fear not. Have you revealed who your carrier is?

Stop leaving your Apple products (or any valuables for that matter) sitting in your car where people can see them.

#1 it was my wife not me
#2 the phone was hidden in the cubby under the nav all the way at the back
#3 thanks for your candor

I believe it was you that said this exact phrase, "You will meet many people like this on the internet. They're called trolls and often have no remorse for any kind of tragedy. They like to cause unnecessary havoc with people in comment sections and forums, so it's best if you just ignore them."
- - - Updated - - -

Hussain, all that happened is really terrible and I hate to think of you going around feeling having been violated.

Even without the later revelation that there has been some paint damage, my suspicion is that repairs to what you first described is going to set you back considerably more than your $1K deductible. Would love to hear I'm wrong, but I fear not. Have you revealed who your carrier is?

Thank you for the kind words, it looks like it's going to cost $3-4k all said and done, I've replaced the glass and had the window retinted. The paint will be the expensive part, going to visit some body shops and then evaluate my options. Btw, State Farm is my carrier.

Last edited:
The lack of police interest for this kind of thing is a really telling sign of how things are going, it's not just Vegas, it's all over the place.

In Toronto, and for all I know, all of Ontario, Canada the police won't come except under the most extreme accident conditions. They make you drive or have your car towed to a "collision reporting center" to get the paperwork started. Self serve taken to the extreme!