Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uninitiated Jack Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had this problem for two years, I finally stopped worrying about it altogether, as Tesla would never do anything about it. SO I just park differently and guess what, the problem has gone away, because I pay no attention to it. Not the best answer, but when the manufacturer does not know why its doing it and how to fix the issue- well your kinda stuck.

Just a quick update.
Problem still exists under 2018.49.20
Thanks, so like the TPMS that just stops working randomly that will be 'fixed' with an update soon it would appear the air suspension controller will never be sorted out either. I kind of feel sorry for the service centre workers who have to keep saying it'll be fixed with a software update that never seems to come.

OP again.
Dropped my 2018 MS 100D off today at the SC for a new windshield and to get the enhanced security system installed.
Asked about the uninitiated jack mode. They’re working directly with the Tesla Engineer working on this issue. Still believe it is a firmware bug. I NOW agree completely Here’s why… They gave me a loaner a November 2017 Model S 75D with Smart air suspension.
I left it in my driveway on very high.
Several hours later I came out and it was in Jack Mode.
What are the odds of that being a coincidence?
I’m going to go out on a limb and say that this is a long standing unnoticed bug.
I only discovered it because I was double checking that all the settings were unchanged after an update I installed before I had driven the car and after it had been sitting in my garage overnight. In fact I have to say that’s the first time I ever looked at the suspension settings in that situation.
I wouldn’t be surprised if nearly every single Tesla out there with smart air suspension goes into Jack mode when set on very high overnight. It might just be limited to cars with the refreshed front end.

I wouldn’t be surprised if nearly every single Tesla out there with smart air suspension goes into Jack mode when set on very high overnight. It might just be limited to cars with the refreshed front end.[/QUOTE]

I tried high yesterday at work, same thing. Jack mode pulling out.

My car has done this since forever. Truly its not a big deal, as after 5mph it goes out of jack mode, to standard height. I recognize its in Jack mode as soon as I back up_stiff suspension and noises of strange variety from front suspension.

Most don't care I assume or recognize.

Mine though only does it at the two of the most used preset spots.

At home and at work.

These two spots also will not remember automatic raising now either. I have addressed this issue many, many times with Service. Pretty much ignore the whole issue, they have heard it so many times I'm sure. Its no secret.

I assume your gonna get an answer when you get your car of the variety we have all heard before. I can't wait to hear what they tell you.

Last edited: