Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Universal phone guide for the Model S & X. Here's how, and why.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TMC community!

Bulk order of Skyline Universal guides have arrived. The price is now $35.00 and past orders have been refunded the difference!

Skyline Universal Docks - Order now! - $35.00

Front_2.jpg

Skyline Universal Docks - Order now! - $35.00
Thanks all!

How well does it work at centering the phone in the area so that it lines up with the connector? I don't really need the guides (have none at the moment for my iPhone X) but it is a pain to hook it in trying to hunt for the plug. I'm worried that if the rubber isn't strong enough it won't guide the phone to the right place.

How well does it work at centering the phone in the area so that it lines up with the connector? I don't really need the guides (have none at the moment for my iPhone X) but it is a pain to hook it in trying to hunt for the plug. I'm worried that if the rubber isn't strong enough it won't guide the phone to the right place.

The position front to back is still influenced by the dock itself. In our instructions (to be online soon with video) we recommend docking the phone first, adjusting dock to forward-most position then locking the dock. So that in the future as long as the phone is mated against the console lid it should properly install in the connector.

Also, I'd advise subscribing to our mailing list via Skyline Product, we're currently in development to eliminate the dock altogether! Stay tuned!

Nedim
Skyline