Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unknown Error BMS_a066

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also got an error BMS_a066, scheduled appointment in 3 weeks, service did confirmed that battery will be replaced.
M3P
6 Nov 2021 with Panasonic pack
15k km.

For now lost around 10% for last 2 month
So Warsaw service confirmed battery is toast and needs to be replaced.
Worst part is that it will take unknow time, instead of promised 2 days...

I got the BMS_a066 recently with 88k km on my 2021 Model Y LR and booked an SC appointment. I lost about 80km range with the error.

The Service Centre ran battery balancing for about 18 hours in the hope that was a bad balancing or a software glitch, but today they concluded, that the HV pack needs to be replaced.

I am outside Toronto, they say it is running 2-4 weeks for shipping HV replacement packs currently.
They got me a loaner car (2018 M3). They feel it is best to not drive the car with the battery issue and drained the battery to about 150km.

I have not got an estimate, but assume it will be mostly covered under the HV Battery warranty.

Here is the history of the battery and with the big drop at the end.

View attachment 967379
HV Battery has been replaced with tesla battery 1234422-10-A. They provided a loader.
They charged a $250 diagnostic fee since I am at 88k and my main warranty is done, but covered the HV under the battery warranty.

So battery replaced. Took 4 working days, instead of promised 2.
Will pickup car in end of week...
1694011884900.png

2018 M3 LR with ~75k miles. Got the error code last week. Still have a lot of contacts at Tesla so I had one of them do remote diagnostics on my car and confirmed the error. One of the bricks in the pack had around 15% SOC discrepancy compared to rest of the pack. I noticed that when I charged to ~85%, the error went away, and came back when at ~70%. So I suspect that a wire bond broke or something which leads to this brick not discharging with the rest of the pack. This also explains why it’s still safe to drive but with depleted range.

Took it in today, service rep at Fremont factory said all replacement packs are reman, not new. We’ll see if PN/description are on the invoice (no charge - under warranty). Also, my replacement pack was already at the service center, so they said my car should be ready in 2-3 days.