Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unknown Key

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our new model Y Key’s are listed as “unknown key” and doesn’t lock car on walking away. Service asked me to remove and re-pair and even do soft reset and redid the entire process. Compared with other 2022 Model Y’s and they dont have the same issues with the same version of software. In addition adding 2nd phone as a key automatically overwrites first phone persona. No matter what we did, when the car unlocks itself with 1st person phone, it hits second person persona.

As detail as i could be, yes i am very familiar with cloud persona and how it is assigned to keys and phones. I’ve done it so many times.

Not sure what else to do? Service is also lost on this issue and blaming the software.

Our new model Y Key’s are listed as “unknown key” and doesn’t lock car on walking away. Service asked me to remove and re-pair and even do soft reset and redid the entire process. Compared with other 2022 Model Y’s and they dont have the same issues with the same version of software. In addition adding 2nd phone as a key automatically overwrites first phone persona. No matter what we did, when the car unlocks itself with 1st person phone, it hits second person persona.

As detail as i could be, yes i am very familiar with cloud persona and how it is assigned to keys and phones. I’ve done it so many times.

Not sure what else to do? Service is also lost on this issue and blaming the software.
I’ve also read all the previous unknown key posts.