Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unknown symbol

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
anyone know what this is? it never used to do it, but now I get it everyday when I regen downhill.
20200218_155252.jpg
20200218_155252.jpg

There are two occasions. This will often appear when the battery is near full. The other occasion is when the battery is not nice and warm. Don't quote me on the actual temperature however with using Scan my Tesla, Vendor - Scan My Tesla, a CANBUS reader for Android
it's fairly consistent. The added feature of scheduled departure while charging will aid on having the battery warm enough so not to see the triangle.

My triangle is very random, cycling on/off every few minute when it’s cold, sometimes with the dotted lines sometimes not. Eventually both go off and stay off. This behavior started about 1,000 miles ago. I’m at 26,000 miles now.

I assume it’s a new firmware bug that will get resolved eventually.

It also appears whenever your regen changes. That means if your battery starts cold with limited regen, and your energy gauge is not present, it will appear. Then when your battery warms up and you regain more regen, the energy gauge will reappear. It will show itself again when you have full regen and no dotted lines. I thought it was a problem at first, but it is just bringing your attention to the level of regen you currently have and that it is either changing or not 100%.