Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Unplugged Performance - Dual Rate Linear Lowering Springs for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

UnpluggedP

Global Vendor
Mar 27, 2014
Hawthorne, CA
Hello All!

Unplugged Performance is happy to announce our unique spring sets for the Model Y!

We have developed the ultimate lowering springs for Tesla Model Y. Utilizing our proprietary Dual-Rate Linear technology delivers the best performance in terms of handling, comfort, aerodynamics and of course sporty looks!

Our first release – Moderate Springs provide sports car handling, a lower stance and increased range all without sacrifice to daily comfort. Our upcoming second release – Mild Springs provide a comfort-focused ride for those who want a more luxurious ride without reducing ground clearance for off-road use.

You can check out the gallery and more at our website- DUAL RATE LINEAR LOWERING SPRING SET FOR TESLA MODEL Y - Unplugged Performance

Please let us know if you have any questions below!

Model-Y-Dual-Rate-Lowering-Springs-1-2.jpg

Before and After

UP-Model-Y-Before-After.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: SFLKiting
What is the ground clearance in the model Y performance with the lower springs? 4”? 4.5”?

Thanks JasonLA. We measured the ground clearances on our car. Here they are:

1. Center tip of front bumper to ground: 8.5” of clearance

2. Battery pack to ground (front pack): 5.5” of clearance

3. Battery pack to ground (rear of pack): 5.75” of clearance

* on our car we currently have even sized front and rear tires so the battery pack is 5.5” front and rear equally, however the Model Y performance comes with a 0.5” taller rear tire outer diameter so with factory 21” Uberturbines the rear clearance would be slightly more than the front clearance.

3. Center tip of rear bumper to ground: 10” of clearance

4. Rear sacrificial plastic air deflector before rear wheel (lowest point): 4.25” of clearance

• Informative
Reactions: jasonLA
Thanks JasonLA. We measured the ground clearances on our car. Here they are:

1. Center tip of front bumper to ground: 8.5” of clearance

2. Battery pack to ground (front pack): 5.5” of clearance

3. Battery pack to ground (rear of pack): 5.75” of clearance

* on our car we currently have even sized front and rear tires so the battery pack is 5.5” front and rear equally, however the Model Y performance comes with a 0.5” taller rear tire outer diameter so with factory 21” Uberturbines the rear clearance would be slightly more than the front clearance.

3. Center tip of rear bumper to ground: 10” of clearance

4. Rear sacrificial plastic air deflector before rear wheel (lowest point): 4.25” of clearance
Thank you! Can’t wait for you to install them on my Stealth Tesla Model Y!

I installed them on a Performance Y recently. Unfortunately, the results are not what we expected. We were hoping the car would have a slightly lower appearance and a slightly sporty feel (taking exit ramps faster, etc). We didn't expect a smoother ride because we were hoping for a sportier ride.

We took one of our two Performance Y's to the shop UPP recommended that was about an hour away. The installation price was more than double what UPP said to expect when I asked UPP how much it would cost to install before I ordered the springs (they said about $300, it cost $791...the other place I called said $1100). So in total, I paid about $1200.

When we picked up the car, we couldn't see any difference in the height. We thought when we parked it next to our other Performance Y we would. Unfortunately, we didn't. I can put 3 fingers in between the front driver's side wheel well with a tiny, tiny bit of wiggle room on the non-lowered Y, I put 3 fingers somewhat tightly on the lowered Y.

Next driving, neither my wife nor I could notice any difference what so ever in the sportiness of the car. With that being said, we aren't track people, just sports car people who hoped to make the Performance Y a tiny bit sportier, as far as handling goes. We also haven't noticed the ride being any smoother over bumps/pot holes (not that we expected it to). If you track your Y, you may notice a tiny difference, but we don't.

With all this being said, UPP has checked in several times and seems genuinely interested in our feedback and trying to resolve our concerns. I'm going to work with them to do whatever we can to hopefully improve the situation for us and future buyers. I know UPP has a great reputation and I fully expect good things in the future. I hope to come back to this thread in the future to say what an awesome job they did making a bad situation a good one.

• Helpful
Reactions: Solrny and wobuffet
I installed them on a Performance Y recently. Unfortunately, the results are not what we expected. We were hoping the car would have a slightly lower appearance and a slightly sporty feel (taking exit ramps faster, etc). We didn't expect a smoother ride because we were hoping for a sportier ride.

We took one of our two Performance Y's to the shop UPP recommended that was about an hour away. The installation price was more than double what UPP said to expect when I asked UPP how much it would cost to install before I ordered the springs (they said about $300, it cost $791...the other place I called said $1100). So in total, I paid about $1200.

When we picked up the car, we couldn't see any difference in the height. We thought when we parked it next to our other Performance Y we would. Unfortunately, we didn't. I can put 3 fingers in between the front driver's side wheel well with a tiny, tiny bit of wiggle room on the non-lowered Y, I put 3 fingers somewhat tightly on the lowered Y.

Next driving, neither my wife nor I could notice any difference what so ever in the sportiness of the car. With that being said, we aren't track people, just sports car people who hoped to make the Performance Y a tiny bit sportier, as far as handling goes. We also haven't noticed the ride being any smoother over bumps/pot holes (not that we expected it to). If you track your Y, you may notice a tiny difference, but we don't.

With all this being said, UPP has checked in several times and seems genuinely interested in our feedback and trying to resolve our concerns. I'm going to work with them to do whatever we can to hopefully improve the situation for us and future buyers. I know UPP has a great reputation and I fully expect good things in the future. I hope to come back to this thread in the future to say what an awesome job they did making a bad situation a good one.

Im sorry to hear this. Photos they posted on here definitely looks lowered, maybe give some times for springs to settle? And who in the right mind charges $1100 for spring install on a Tesla?? This is no more than two hour job, and most shops will charge $250-$350 tops. Even $7xx is absurd. You must went to shop out in butt fxxx egypt to be charged like that. In LA charging $700-$1100 for spring install for Tesla will go out of business tomorrow lmao

Im sorry to hear this. Photos they posted on here definitely looks lowered, maybe give some times for springs to settle? And who in the right mind charges $1100 for spring install on a Tesla?? This is no more than two hour job, and most shops will charge $250-$350 tops. Even $7xx is absurd. You must went to shop out in butt fxxx egypt to be charged like that. In LA charging $700-$1100 for spring install for Tesla will go out of business tomorrow lmao
agreed, even if that was for installing coilovers, still way too pricey.