Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unplugged Performance Front Lip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s not lower...it longer. Also the best part is that’s it’s Flexible just like your bumper meaning it won’t crack like every other lip out there.

Actually, the lip itself doesn't sit lower per se. But because of the added layer of the material of the lip, this added thickness is around .40-.50" so the front of the car sits slightly that much lower.

Reactions: TwoK4drSi
does it improve performance or driving experience? or just for good look?

It's the only lip that has data from the manufacturer to show its efficiency gains due to increased aerodynamics.

I noticed an efficiency gain on highway speeds. For anything below 50mph, I couldn't tell a difference. This is with 15k miles driven.

Personally, I think it's the best looking lip that complements the lines of the bumper and the car overall. So it's more of a mod to give the car an OEM+ look, which is exactly what I was going for. The fact it could potentially increase range was merely a bonus.

Reactions: TwoK4drSi
It's the only lip that has data from the manufacturer to show its efficiency gains due to increased aerodynamics.

I noticed an efficiency gain on highway speeds. For anything below 50mph, I couldn't tell a difference. This is with 15k miles driven.

Personally, I think it's the best looking lip that complements the lines of the bumper and the car overall. So it's more of a mod to give the car an OEM+ look, which is exactly what I was going for. The fact it could potentially increase range was merely a bonus.
I 100% agree with this and same reasoning on why I got it. Other lips don’t look as cohesive as this one.

I 100% agree with this and same reasoning on why I got it. Other lips don’t look as cohesive as this one.

Frustratingly enough, I've been looking for side skirts/splitters to match the OEM+ look of the UP front lip, but literally the only one I've found is Tsportline; still trying to figure what kind of black Friday sales they'll have because I don't want to shell out $1400 including shipping for just side skirts. I wish UP would've released a matching set too, rather than having only side skirts to match their entire body kit.

Hi everyone,

I'm about to pick up my M3P this Sunday and am thinking about adding some exterior front lip and rear spoilers. I came across UP's front lip and according to their website and some youtube videos, it's claiming that it can decrease the drag by 21%? Has anyone installed and tested it in real life and can see the actual difference ?

There are so many front lips mods out there and it just gets really confusing as to whether or not this actually improves the down force and efficiency.

Thanks everyone in advance for their input.

(moderator note: moved post to existing thread on same topic)

Hi everyone,

I'm about to pick up my M3P this Sunday and am thinking about adding some exterior front lip and rear spoilers. I came across UP's front lip and according to their website and some youtube videos, it's claiming that it can decrease the drag by 21%? Has anyone installed and tested it in real life and can see the actual difference ?

There are so many front lips mods out there and it just gets really confusing as to whether or not this actually improves the down force and efficiency.

Thanks everyone in advance for their input.

(moderator note: moved post to existing thread on same topic)

To answer your question. Kinda but not really. Get it for visual improvements, and if it ends up improving your range, great!