Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unplugged Performance Moderate Springs on my Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had these installed 2 days ago, ride is plush compared to stock, then gets tight and firm when driven hard. Pleasantly surprised how good it rides!

Attachments

• IMG_5896-Edit.jpg
    IMG_5896-Edit.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 339
Looks nice! I've been looking into ordering UP springs as well for my AWD LR.

I decided to go with MILD since I prefer more of a "stock" look vs "dropped" look

Did you get them installed at UP? Did you notice alignment issues right away?

Yes UP installed them, flat $300 took 3 hrs.

I put MPP camber links on just before i took the car to UP, they were preset for a lowered car, but mine were setup a bit longer than needed, so i have some positive camber going to get an alignmentASAP. If you don't put adjustable camber links in you'll def. have to much negative camber. But since you're only dropping .7" it might be an acceptable amount.

Reactions: Kleenerth3
Yes UP installed them, flat $300 took 3 hrs.

I put MPP camber links on just before i took the car to UP, they were preset for a lowered car, but mine were setup a bit longer than needed, so i have some positive camber going to get an alignmentASAP. If you don't put adjustable camber links in you'll def. have to much negative camber. But since you're only dropping .7" it might be an acceptable amount.

Have no idea what camber links are... do u recommend getting these put in before I install the springs?

I def want to have an alignment as close to factory specs as possible to avoid uneven tire wear

Have no idea what camber links are... do u recommend getting these put in before I install the springs?

I def want to have an alignment as close to factory specs as possible to avoid uneven tire wear

Depends on how low you go, minor/moderate amount of drop and you don't really need the adjustable arms - if you go aggressive and lower it substantially, you'll probably want the arms.

Both UP and MPP make them by the way (i've got UP arms)

Stock camber arms are not adjustable, any amount of lowering will result in Camber specs being close to the limit, Mild springs right at the limit, Moderate, just over the stock spec limit. I have the MPP camber adjuster's but any will do the job.

• Informative
Thanks for your support! We are glad that you're enjoying all of the benefits of the dual rate lowering springs!
Could you please let me know your installers in the San Diego area?
This is a great look at .7" drop and if the ride is as nice as SoundbySully says, I'm seriously considering you.
Thanks SbS and UP for this post and thread, just what I've been looking for. :cool: