Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unrequested remote diagnosis

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone ever get a text from Tesla saying that they'd done a remote diagnosis and that the car requires an appointment at a SC?

Just happened to me and I've had no issues so it came out of the blue. I'll contact them tomorrow to try find out more but got me puzzled :/

Reactions: NorfolkMustard
Very curious. How is an appointment going to work while this lockdown is in effect?
The date they gave me is a few weeks away (4th May). Presumably it gets pushed back if the lockdown is still in place.

The appointment automatically appeared in my app but I can't seem to find any info in the various menu options about what the work is regarding.

Reactions: Durzel
Tesla can ping your car to check to see if it has an issue that has been reported on similar builds.

Will discover an issue even before you would experience a problem.

Very proactive.
Yes, it's good if that's what's happened but I have a nagging doubt this has been sent to me in error which is why I was interested to try find out if any other owners had received a similar text.

My car is a M3P which was delivered 2 weeks ago in amongst thousands of others in this quarters push so you'd have thought if there was some sort of recall there would be more mention of it on here?

The date they gave me is a few weeks away (4th May). Presumably it gets pushed back if the lockdown is still in place.

The appointment automatically appeared in my app but I can't seem to find any info in the various menu options about what the work is regarding.

sadly they have already started pushing back appointments, so add a month onto existing appointments if they haven’t been pushed back

Anyone ever get a text from Tesla saying that they'd done a remote diagnosis and that the car requires an appointment at a SC?

Just happened to me and I've had no issues so it came out of the blue. I'll contact them tomorrow to try find out more but got me puzzled :/
In conversation with someone at the SC, I was told that the cars tell them when there is a problem and they contact the owners in response to schedule an appointment. Never happened to me, but pretty cool I thought.