Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unusual Quick Delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Folks,
Even the delivery person had no explanation. I knew that the end of the year was a big scramble for Tesla so I waited until after the first of the year to order my Model 3. So this was in Carlsbad, CA , I went in on1/10/20 and ordered a Model 3, gray, AWD, white int, aero wheels. I expected an 8 week wait, and that is what I was told. I got a text and took delivery on 1/24/20! I was skeptical and inspected the heck out of it when I went in to get it. Everything looked awesome and it had 3 mi. on the odo. Feeling lucky...

Hi Folks,
Even the delivery person had no explanation. I knew that the end of the year was a big scramble for Tesla so I waited until after the first of the year to order my Model 3. So this was in Carlsbad, CA , I went in on1/10/20 and ordered a Model 3, gray, AWD, white int, aero wheels. I expected an 8 week wait, and that is what I was told. I got a text and took delivery on 1/24/20! I was skeptical and inspected the heck out of it when I went in to get it. Everything looked awesome and it had 3 mi. on the odo. Feeling lucky...

More than likely it was someones canceled order. That doesnt have to mean "rejected" it can also mean "canceled" as in they placed a deposit and decided to not get it for some reason. You got lucky on the timing. Congratulations!

New to the forum!

ordered a Model 3 AWD Long Range on Saturday , January 11th at 12:13am

Sunday, January 12th received a VIN and pickup instructions

took deliver Tuesday, January 14th at 9am

unbelievably quick, I bet someone bailed on this configuration in White/Black (had 23 miles on it)

I was surprised when I ordered and received my Model 3, too. I ordered a white/white dual motor Model 3 with 19” silver wheels and was hoping I’d get it before the end of 2019 (and thus eligible for a reduced but still welcome federal tax credit). I ordered it on November 9th. I was very much pleased when it was delivered on November 21st; 12 days from on-line order to in-driveway.

I don’t think this is typical and I consider myself fortunate.

• Disagree
Reactions: kpeng
Hi Folks,

Congrats to you on the speedy delivery! I ordered my Model 3 LR AWD on 01/26/20 so here's to hoping I get as lucky as you and get to take delivery within a few weeks. If not, no biggie - that just gives me more time to learn more about the car online!