Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Up Close HD video of Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The more I look at this the more I think it is a painted over prototype. The back looks just like the prototype. I'm hoping that all the other spy shot photos were just bad angles and this one is a good angle because the back of the car looks sexy again!
The build quality in person looks stunning possibly even better than our model X, it also had functioning windows that slid up and down when he briefly opened the door and I saw interior door Pockets built in. After seeing it up close AND from the front which I was too she'll shocked to record fast enough, I can confirm it looks fantastic in person and has an aggressive stance.

DrivingTheFuture - do you think that the Model 3 you saw had the body of a repainted prototype? I completely agree with you that the one in your video has an aggressive stance. To me the lines (at least from the rear) look identical to and give the same aggressive stance as the prototypes at the original unveiling. I had been surprised at all the release candidates videos and still shots up to this point that the aggressive stance seemed to have been changed until your video.

The more I look at this the more I think it is a painted over prototype. The back looks just like the prototype. I'm hoping that all the other spy shot photos were just bad angles and this one is a good angle because the back of the car looks sexy again!

DrivingTheFuture - do you think that the Model 3 you saw had the body of a repainted prototype? I completely agree with you that the one in your video has an aggressive stance. To me the lines (at least from the rear) look identical to and give the same aggressive stance as the prototypes at the original unveiling. I had been surprised at all the release candidates videos and still shots up to this point that the aggressive stance seemed to have been changed until your video.

but it clearly has HW2 cameras

screen-shot-2017-04-29-at-9-22-56-am.png

I think these ARE the standard wheels since they definitely appear to be the smaller of the 2 types of wheels we've seen so far.

I never quite understood why most stock/standard wheels are ugly. Inexpensively cast aluminum wheels can look good too.

Yeah I think it was the newest iteration, it was simply the first time shots of it had been taken up close while it was sitting still. I liked the one recent sighting of it where the person was right by the road and it passed right by them, it looks better closer up... Of course I could be wrong but I feel I would have noticed because I saw the front end up close as well... Sorry I couldn't grab video of it

I too like these rims on the Model 3. I hope they are standard also. Going to have to save everywhere I can since I plan on stretching for the P75D with Ludicrous.
Well the way the cars are built I'm afraid if you have the larger battery and P you might get the larger wheels
Simplified build ? Fewer varieties?
I'm with you though I'll take reasonable wheels/tires same size not a stagger setup
I like to rotate and get some mileage out of the treads. And I don't want to be dodging every pothole

The build quality in person looks stunning possibly even better than our model X, it also had functioning windows that slid up and down when he briefly opened the door and I saw interior door Pockets built in. After seeing it up close AND from the front which I was too she'll shocked to record fast enough, I can confirm it looks fantastic in person and has an aggressive stance.

@DrivingTheFuture,

Did you even SLEEP last night after this? :D I know I would have been Dreeeeeeeaaaaming!!! In all seriousness....great Spy...Thanks Again!!!! I still can't believe you saw this at CVG SC....I mean I believe you but it's awesome they are Testing this Far East......LOVE it!:)

Ski