Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UP Dual Rate Lowering Springs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received my Unplugged Performance
DUAL RATE LINEAR LOWERING SPRING set earlier this week and just got them installed on my Stealth Performance Y, so far they are totally worth it.

Dropped tire to trim distance around 1.75-2 inches. Ride is much smoother, no whole car jolt over bumps, driving can tell it’s lower, and doesn’t seem to sit higher in the rear a
nymore.

Also added 20mm spacers/adapters to rear wheels though, may slide those to the front and put 25mm on the back, still deciding.

sorry not clean and shiny like most, that part is yet to come, but wanted to post pics so other could see difference after installed.

1E87D6ED-DF10-4A51-8DD8-86D8F9FA2F66.jpeg
305E0DED-56C9-49B5-96D5-6321B32BEC1D.jpeg

you definitely want to get an alignment. Anytime you lower/raise the car, you're changing the geometry of the suspension and therefore changing alignment specs. Your toe and camber is definitely out of spec which will eat at your tire and cause tire wear faster. Since you don't have camber adjustments, you'll want to at least correct the toe.

I have the unplugged moderate springs installed as well and my toe was way out of spec front and rear.

Thanks for the review. So it may be a less costly option to get the UPP springs + spring spacers to move it back up near stock height to get improved ride quality vs. an entire suspension swap. Or maybe UPP will make stock-height dual-rate springs...

I stand corrected - UPP now offers a spring upgrade for stock height here. I'm going to move forward and order these, as my new tires got me part of the way there, and these look like they will get me to the ride quality I want. I really don't need to adjust or lower.

I stand corrected - UPP now offers a spring upgrade for stock height here. I'm going to move forward and order these, as my new tires got me part of the way there, and these look like they will get me to the ride quality I want. I really don't need to adjust or lower.

So what is that? It doesn't change the height but better handling? But their site says "Our proprietary Dual-Rate Lowering Springs are renowned for combining comfort and performance". So it does lower?

Last edited by a moderator:
you definitely want to get an alignment. Anytime you lower/raise the car, you're changing the geometry of the suspension and therefore changing alignment specs. Your toe and camber is definitely out of spec which will eat at your tire and cause tire wear faster. Since you don't have camber adjustments, you'll want to at least correct the toe.

I have the unplugged moderate springs installed as well and my toe was way out of spec front and rear.

Im in CA too. Where did you get them installed? What they charge you? Im trying to get a ball park what's it going to cost me.

I reached out to UPP last night after I ordered the stock-height springs to see if they have a recommendation for an installer in Northern Virginia. I figure with the stock height springs, an alignment isn't necessary, but I'll hold my thoughts on that until I see the true right height post-installation.

I reached out to upp today seeing if they have a solution for stock height for the non-performance since it seems their stock height is for the performance variant (aka about 1/2 lower than non-P)

Hmmm...it wasn't clear that the ones I ordered were for Performance vs. LR. That isn't how the springs are advertised, and when I ordered, I specified I have a LR. I am frustrated that I ordered a set of springs 2 days ago, and have heard nothing back from UPP other than my order is processing. I reached out regarding my order status early today, and filled out there form for authorized location installers. Nothing. At this point, I'm getting concerned they may not have any stock, and this is a situation where they take orders to gauge demand.

A better ride an .5 inch drop won't be the end of the world for me, but still, this is something they needed to be more clear about, or include a .5 inch spacer option with the springs to ensure that those of us with LR models will retain our stock height if we prefer.

Reactions: vinny84
Hmmm...it wasn't clear that the ones I ordered were for Performance vs. LR. That isn't how the springs are advertised, and when I ordered, I specified I have a LR. I am frustrated that I ordered a set of springs 2 days ago, and have heard nothing back from UPP other than my order is processing. I reached out regarding my order status early today, and filled out there form for authorized location installers. Nothing. At this point, I'm getting concerned they may not have any stock, and this is a situation where they take orders to gauge demand.

A better ride an .5 inch drop won't be the end of the world for me, but still, this is something they needed to be more clear about, or include a .5 inch spacer option with the springs to ensure that those of us with LR models will retain our stock height if we prefer.
Following...