Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UP Dual Rate Lowering Springs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderate lowering spring from Unplugged. I had a local performance shop install them.

Spacers are 25mm rear, 20mm Front Blox Sport BLM series 6061-T6

So, you have 25mm rear. Stock rims you have are 45mm offset is that just simply 45+25 giving you 70mm offset. I'm thinking of getting tsportline rims which have a 40mm offset and if I add the 25mm spacer does that give me 65mm offset? Is that how it works?

Received my Unplugged Performance
DUAL RATE LINEAR LOWERING SPRING set earlier this week and just got them installed on my Stealth Performance Y, so far they are totally worth it.

Dropped tire to trim distance around 1.75-2 inches. Ride is much smoother, no whole car jolt over bumps, driving can tell it’s lower, and doesn’t seem to sit higher in the rear a
nymore.

Also added 20mm spacers/adapters to rear wheels though, may slide those to the front and put 25mm on the back, still deciding.

sorry not clean and shiny like most, that part is yet to come, but wanted to post pics so other could see difference after installed.

View attachment 601878 View attachment 601879

In another thread, there is talk about PUP hittting the bump stops even with the factory springs. How is your PUP now doing with the dual-rte linear lowering springs? You seem to be happy, and I have a set of stock-height dual-rate linear springs coming from UPP, but curious if you are hitting the bump stops all the time now.

In another thread, there is talk about PUP hittting the bump stops even with the factory springs. How is your PUP now doing with the dual-rte linear lowering springs? You seem to be happy, and I have a set of stock-height dual-rate linear springs coming from UPP, but curious if you are hitting the bump stops all the time now.

You able to find out if the stock height from UPP are set to the stock hight of Performance version or Stock Long Range?

After about 400 miles of driving since I had UPP Moderate springs on LR MY. This is totally worth spending $1000 (springs, install & alignment) It made the ride so much better, less bodyroll, takes road imperfections better, comfortable compare to stock springs. Im running 20x10 +30 wheels all around and zero issues as well.

Unplugged Performance Moderate Springs Installed

Super - I can't wait. My stock-height UPP dual-rate springs are arriving soon. With my stock 19" rims, plus that I already changed out my tires, I anticipate the ride quality ending up where I want it to be. A this point, the tires alone made such a difference, even a marginally better ride with the springs will make all the difference. Of course, going with the full UPP or MPP coilovers would have been the best solution with the most flexibility, but I just don't have the funds right now to take that plunge.

Super - I can't wait. My stock-height UPP dual-rate springs are arriving soon. With my stock 19" rims, plus that I already changed out my tires, I anticipate the ride quality ending up where I want it to be. A this point, the tires alone made such a difference, even a marginally better ride with the springs will make all the difference. Of course, going with the full UPP or MPP coilovers would have been the best solution with the most flexibility, but I just don't have the funds right now to take that plunge.

You will be very pleased with these springs. I had originally ordered UPP coilovers, got tired of waiting, found out it doesn’t go as low as I would like to be, plus I know once I set it up I will never touch/adjust it again. Springs were better alternative for my needs and I couldnt be happier. Stock tires & springs arent the best out there, your ride should improve ALOT.

I saw that on the site. I ended up calling them to make sure. The weird thing the guy said was it was stock height of the LR not Performance version

That's what I was told when I called them, too. I still placed and order regardless. .5" either way doesn't bother me. Hell, if .5" inches lower with better ride quality, plus maybe a little less drag and improved highway efficiency is the result, even better :)

Looking forward to your review of the UPP comfort spring!

That's what I was told when I called them, too. I still placed and order regardless. .5" either way doesn't bother me. Hell, if .5" inches lower with better ride quality, plus maybe a little less drag and improved highway efficiency is the result, even better :)

Still waiting on delivery. Post pics when you have them installed. I personally want it 1/2 in lower. I will see one you have them installed =)

This summer, I installed the UPP moderate springs on my MY PUP.

Here is the box:
UPP ModelY Perform Mod springs.jpg

Here's my car now. I love it.!
da car.jpg