Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UP lowering kit for Smart Air Suspension?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I had a set, they are very easy to install. The front you can actually do with the car on the high setting and remove one bolt for the stock bracket, disconnect the cable and you remove the sensor from the stock bracket and put it on the UP bracket, then reinstall the UP bracket with sensor and reconnect the plug. Rear you have to remove the tire to get access, but same procedure, remove bracket, remove sensor, put sensor on UP bracket, and install UP bracket. Only thing to be mindful of is the position of the sensor and the arm relative to the connection point to the body. Not sure about 30 minutes, but definitely doable in an hour or less. Very easy to do.

I printed mine for about 20 cents.

Rear:

i-RTRtQHC-X3.jpg

Front:

i-974ptFg-X3.jpg

How much lower from stock did your printed ones lower the car? Would you be willing to print a set and mail them to me? Of course I want to pay you for your time, printer time and material. LMK.

Just see this page:

3D printed lowering links

For those that don't have a printer, you can select a commercial printing service directly from the 3d file. I think there are like three of them. Should be something like $10 per item.

You need to select the length of link you want for the amount of lowering you need. Read through the thread. It will all make sense then.

• Informative
Reactions: Muzzman1
Also, for those lowering their cars, keep in mind you will increase negative camber enough that you will destroy your tires quickly if you don't also obtain a solution to decrease neg camber.

Additionally, if you choose a solution upstream of the sensor mount on the upper link then any change in camber will change the ride height which will again change the camber resulting in a good 2 or 3 alignments and ride height adjustment cycles to get everything dialed in.

I strongly recommend that you pick a camber correction option that allows you to change the length of the upper control arm link WITHOUT changing the height sensor mount position.

As you can see, I have custom links machined by BBC Speed Machine.

View attachment 470431 I installed it on my car. Took me about 2 hours, start to finish.

It’s been 3 months and I like them. I roll around in standard height, on 20”. I usually like the slammed look, but I drive too much and I didn’t want to deal with obstacles on “low” mode.
is that LOW or STANDARD on that image? How is the ride quality? Can you please post pics of all mods? low, standard, high, very high?

I printed mine for about 20 cents.

Rear:

i-RTRtQHC-X3.jpg

Front:

i-974ptFg-X3.jpg

More importantly, where did you get those beautiful adjustable upper control arms?

EDIT: I see they're from BBC Speed Shop - I'm assuming they're a machine shop near you?

That's a pretty ingenious solution...the only other solution provider changed the inner mount with an eccentric bolt, and just as you described, you had to get the ride height adjusted at the SC every time the camber changed....a real pain.

Was this a one-off? How much did it cost?