TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Update 2.18.77 Breaks use cases

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by neptune2000, May 20, 2016.

1. neptune2000

The latest update to Summons with double-tap broke a whole bunch of use cases that worked before. This si because, opening ANY door will now cancel summons. The use case that worked for me before is as follows:

1. Get home. Homelink opens
    2. Summons with double-tap on Park (+ Forward tap in the latest release)
    3. Open driver door and exit
    4. Open the Trunk (or Frunk) and get the groceries out
    5. Close the Trunk (or Frunk)
    6. Close driver door, Summons starts
    7. Homelink closes

With the last release, step 4 will CANCEL Summons. Opening ANY door, cancel Summons.

2. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

If this is true, can't you pop the trunk or frunk before you get out of the driver's seat?

3. neptune2000

You mean opening the trunk from the console or clicking on the fob from inside the car? I think that is doubtful because if any of the 4 doors are open, double-click on the park for Summons will not work. But I will try.

4. neptune2000

I reported this as a bug to Tesla. Within minutes they got back to me:

"Hello Marco,
    Thank you for contacting Tesla Motors Technical Support with your feedback regarding to latest addition toSummon. I can go ahead and submit a feature request to our development team with the feedback that summon should not be cancelled by opening the front or rear trunk."