Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UPDATE 2020.12.5 Has Traffic Cones VIsual for Non FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am on 2020.12.5. Was parking in the garage and noticed a small orange smudge to the left front of the car in the display. Enlarged it and, lo and behold, it was a traffic cone! Not sure if it was a fluke, a bug or if it's gonna be available on 2.5 HW with just standard AP. I had read only on HW 3 with FSD.

• Funny
Reactions: KenC
I am on 2020.12.5. Was parking in the garage and noticed a small orange smudge to the left front of the car in the display. Enlarged it and, lo and behold, it was a traffic cone! Not sure if it was a fluke, a bug or if it's gonna be available on 2.5 HW with just standard AP. I had read only on HW 3 with FSD.

Cones were visible with HW3 regardless of having FSD or not.

Now same is true for 2.5

2.5 didn't get any of the other additional visualizations HW3 did though (so no lights, stop signs, erc)

Reactions: JBT66 and Neo101
Yep a few cones here with 2.5. I’ve got AP. The cones show up for anything even slightly resembling construction which I think is fine. It also adds all sorts of weird things that aren’t standard signs. Stop and yields signs, no it won’t tell me that. Weird purple slow down for kids in the neighborhood equals cone.

Yes! We noticed this just this morning. Suddenly our HW 2.5 LR is seeing cones EVERYWHERE. Usually where there are no cones, by the way.

It saw so many cones ahead of us on the clear open highway that it even changed lanes to avoid them.

Yep a few cones here with 2.5. I’ve got AP. The cones show up for anything even slightly resembling construction which I think is fine. It also adds all sorts of weird things that aren’t standard signs. Stop and yields signs, no it won’t tell me that. Weird purple slow down for kids in the neighborhood equals cone.
I also have HW 2.5 with EAP but I am not seeing any other visualization other than cones. Strange that you also have HW 2.5 but you are seeing signs as well. Do you have the Enhanced Visualization Preview option?