Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Garbage Can Visualizations gone in V 12?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On my 2020 Model 3 Performance with FSD I noticed that since I updated to V12 ( Just installed 2024.3.10, second V12 update) that I no longer have garbage can visualizations. Is there a setting I’m missing or that’s how it is now?

I believe trash cans and construction cones are gone with the introduction of v12.
They disappeared last July with an update that shortened the distance for visualization for me. No more trash cans and mail boxes and no cars until they are within 75 feet or so and big trucks show up about 100 feet. Traffic signals don't show up if they are on the far side of the intersection. IIRC that was the update that brought us light shows and fart noises. But perhaps I'm getting Irish dementia, (you forget everything but the grudges).

• Funny
Reactions: brkaus
They disappeared last July with an update that shortened the distance for visualization for me. No more trash cans and mail boxes and no cars until they are within 75 feet or so and big trucks show up about 100 feet. Traffic signals don't show up if they are on the far side of the intersection. IIRC that was the update that brought us light shows and fart noises. But perhaps I'm getting Irish dementia, (you forget everything but the grudges).
I don’t think the FSD Beta visualization ever changed in that way, and it still shows nearby vehicles etc.

The traffic cones do appear to be gone in FSD v12 — drove by a bunch of construction barrels today and nothing on the screen. I wonder if the car still detects them even if it doesn’t show them (probably yes)? NoA and FSD didn’t like driving next to cones and wanted to change lanes to avoid them.