Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update 24.6.9

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But on the plus side, it seems that @Wennfred was right on correcting the autolock issue. I drove a several miles and when I returned, I parked it, walked away and no self locking chirp. Kudo's to Winnfred!!

The reason this happened is because the GPS incorrectly located your car away from your home/garage, until it could correct your location when you drove around and returned home. Expect this might happen again, hopefully infrequently. .

Why? It seems like the GPS refreshes your location when the car awakens. It does this correctly outside, but it can error in a closed garage where the GPS signal may be weaker, especially when atmospheric conditions arent optimal.

Just like with HomeLink, the home auto-lock exclusion depends on your present location, as determined by the GPS. If the previously set coordinates of your home/garage location. don't match where the GPS thinks your car is presently, neither feature is going to work.

You can prove this is correct, by looking at the navigation map in satellite view and see where your car is "located", when these features don't work. For example, when HomeLink occasionally, doesn't close my garage door as I leave in the morning, the stellite has incorrectly placed my car in my neighbors driveway. It may be less of a problem with the autolock exclusion since your location should be correct when you enter garage with this feature activated. Assuming your car stays asleep at night the feature will always stay activated. However, if you wake up your car, like when you upgrade software, the location refresh could be in error in a closed garage. Then your car doors are going to auto-lock. If that happens, check your location on the satellite map. I'll bet your car is anywhere but in your garage. There is no way to fix that location without driving and returning to your garage.

Last edited:
The reason this happened is because the GPS incorrectly located your car away from your home/garage, until it could correct your location when you drove around and returned home. Expect this to happen again, hopefully infrequently.

Why? It seems like the GPS refreshes your location when the car awakens. It does this correctly outside, but it can error in a closed garage where the GPS signal may be weaker, especially when atmospheric conditions arent optimal.

Just like with HomeLink, the home auto-lock exclusion depends on your present location, as determined by the GPS. If the previously set coordinates of your home/garage location. don't match where the GPS thinks your car is presently, neither feature is going to work.
Tesla could fix this issue, which I also have on my M3 SR+, by having the car remember where it was just before it went inside the garage to park. Since many Tesla owners park in covered garages, this issue must be present in lots of cars.

Reactions: captanzuelo
What i did notice is the Homelink remote open feature, from the phone app, is WAY better. Usually if I try to use the app to open the garage from the outside I get "move closer to car" like 5 times before it actually opens. Now it opens generally on the first try regardless of my distance.

Nya, nya! Did you properly signal your lane change intent? If you don't, it might try to rescue you from lane drift. It's hard having your cake and eating it too. Personally I don't mind, because I HAVE drifted on occasion. I've actually been impressed with how selective it is, especially at low speeds where crossing even a double yellow line might be a legitimate short term maneuver.

The point was that it did not do it before the update, now it does it

Tesla could fix this issue, which I also have on my M3 SR+, by having the car remember where it was just before it went inside the garage to park. Since many Tesla owners park in covered garages, this issue must be present in lots of cars.

Tesla's recommended fix is to install a skylight in your garage roof, so your car gets an unobstructed view to the southern skies

What i did notice is the Homelink remote open feature, from the phone app, is WAY better. Usually if I try to use the app to open the garage from the outside I get "move closer to car" like 5 times before it actually opens. Now it opens generally on the first try regardless of my distance.
I didn't know you could open the garage door using the app. Where in the app is the button?

IF you have Homelink enabled, and at least version 3.10.0 of the app, the control for it in the app is in the Controls section. The button is in the second section down with all of the circled commands: Flash, Honk, Start, Front, Trunk and Homelink. I do not have mine enabled so I can't show you my app, but I found this:

Mobile app 3.10.0, Homelink
Thanks for the link. I don't have FSD/Summon so the Homelink button doesn't appear in my app.

If you have to go into your phone app to open your garage door, what's the point of having HomeLink? It would be simpler just to use the remote contol that comes with the garage opener, wouldnt it? Besides, you can pre-set a shorter distance to your garage so that HomeLink can fire to open your garage door successfully on the first try.

Not what im saying. I figured the "move closer to car" and "open garage from the outside" part would explain my use. Apparently not.

Imagine you lock yourself out the house and use the phone to open the garage, imagine you go for a walk and dont bring keys or stuff, you open the garage with phone app....etc.

My Homelink works fine and opens and closes the door within 40 feet of departing or arriving. I also use it for secondary uses.

• Helpful
Reactions: elf9
Hey, at least my stop sign and traffic light visualizations are finally working. No yield signs yet and FSD is totally incompetent at roundabouts but one tiny step at a time.

Summon doesn't work for me anyway because I back the car into the garage.

So is no one having none existent AP or no screen visualization? I lost the about on a previous update then it reappeared on my drive home Friday. Saturday morning I got this 24.6.9 update thining it would for sure solve the lasting issue... NOPE no AP, auto wipers, no screen visualization at all, no cruise or lane keep

Yea, finally walk away door lock has option to exclude home. No more need to remember to switch to garage profile.

Backing up side cameras while backing up, also a nice addition.

Now if we could just activate front and side cameras while parking.

So is no one having none existent AP or no screen visualization? I lost the about on a previous update then it reappeared on my drive home Friday. Saturday morning I got this 24.6.9 update thining it would for sure solve the lasting issue... NOPE no AP, auto wipers, no screen visualization at all, no cruise or lane keep
Do all the reset/reboots, if none of that works schedule a service appointment

Mine lost the visualization today but AP worked. I opened up the cameras while driving, it took extra long to load up side cameras but once that was loaded, my visualization came back. I was on surface street at that point after driving 20mi on the highway.

Reactions: Cultgti
The walk away door lock feature is not working for me when I select "Exclude from home". My home is set in the navigation but when I walk away with my phone, the car locks. Any one have this issue?
Yes, the same thing is happening to me too. I drove it around today and when I returned home it would remain unlocked for about an hour and then lock itself. And what's even weirder is when I went to the store it would not auto lock so something is screwy. I'll try a reset tomorrow to see if that helps.