Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tires Don't Hold Pressure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to fill my tires with air every couple of weeks. It's usually between 1-4 psi's. Anybody else have this problem? I have a 2023 Model 3. And does anybody have a recommendation for a good portable tire inflator? Thanks in advance for your help.

I have to fill my tires with air every couple of weeks. It's usually between 1-4 psi's. Anybody else have this problem? I have a 2023 Model 3. And does anybody have a recommendation for a good portable tire inflator? Thanks in advance for your help.

This means you have either things stuck in your tires generating a slow leak, a faulty valve, or dented rims. This is not a "car" problem, this is an issue with your specific tires, as you should not need to refill air more than once or twice a year.

Reactions: alexgr and Gasaraki
This means you have either things stuck in your tires generating a slow leak, a faulty valve, or dented rims. This is not a "car" problem, this is an issue with your specific tires, as you should not need to refill air more than once or twice a year.
I have to add air to my tires every 1-2 months, which is perfectly normal, and has been the case for every car I've owned.

Reactions: brkaus
Do you really need someone to explain to you this isn’t normal? A tire inflator is not the solution to your problem.

Do you really need someone to explain to you this isn’t normal? A tire inflator is not the solution to your problem.

Since text on a forum doesn't carry a tone, it's really easy to come off as mean and unwelcoming. If everyone came across as mean and unwelcoming, these forums would cease to exist (as new posters would likely not come back around after the response to their first post).

I'm not calling you grumpy, so please forgive me. It's just that when *I* read your response, it sounds like you're yelling and/or reprimanding this person for asking a question.

I'd suggest... either provide a useful answer, or nothing at all.

Since text on a forum doesn't carry a tone, it's really easy to come off as mean and unwelcoming. If everyone came across as mean and unwelcoming, these forums would cease to exist (as new posters would likely not come back around after the response to their first post).

I'm not calling you grumpy, so please forgive me. It's just that when *I* read your response, it sounds like you're yelling and/or reprimanding this person for asking a question.

Sorry I can’t take it seriously when someone posts an I need to fill my tires every couple of weeks, is this normal thread.
It’s up there with, every time I drive my Tesla the range decreases, is this normal.
At a certain level, you gotta think no one has that little amount of common sense and it’s gotta be someone trolling.

As everyone notes, you should not be losing that much air that quickly. You will gradually lose air, and the pressure will change with tire temperature.

I have seen three causes for slow leaks like this. For one tire, a nail is the usual answer. For multiple tires, rim issues or tire valve core issues. Or measurement issues if you are checking pressures both hot and cold. I had an Opel GT back in the day that lost air through the cast wheels. Replaced under warranty. I've seen valve cores leak, but not all of the them. I've also caused myself issues by inconsistent measurements and techniques. And never trust TPM's.

You should take it to a tire shop and ask them to check it out, it is not normal unless there is a drastic change of temperature, likely you have a slow leak somewhere. Once my tpms warnings came back on 7-10 days after filling up again, took it to the tire shop (two times) to figure out there is a tiny nail in the back side, they have to pump the pressure all the way up and dunk it in the water trough to figure out, once they fixed it, no more problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Taikos

Checked his other posts. Definitely little man syndrome.