Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update 40.50.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm on advanced too but to be honest I don't think it makes a bit of difference other then making you feel like you did something. Also it looks like the update is heavily weighted to the Model 3's. We S suckers will have to be patient.

Also it looks like the update is heavily weighted to the Model 3's. We S suckers will have to be patient.

EDIT: I’m wrong, only ~10% of S/X have received the update, not 20 like I said below.

20% of the S/X fleet on Teslafi has received the update.

30% of the Model 3 fleet on Teslafi has received the update.

That’s a far cry from “heavily weighted”. It just seems that way because there are ~3 Model 3s on the road for every S/X at this point.

Last edited:
Installed update this morning. Tested on drive to work.

The new visualizations are pretty darn cool. Recognized stop signs and traffic lights and accurately displayed whether lights were red or green. Also showing turn lane road markers.

I couldn't get any of the voice commands to work. Not sure if I was doing it correctly. Haven't had chance to check the messaging functions (or play new games).

20% of the S/X fleet on Teslafi has received the update.

30% of the Model 3 fleet on Teslafi has received the update.

That’s a far cry from “heavily weighted”. It just seems that way because there are ~3 Model 3s on the road for every S/X at this point.

Check your math M3 30% S/X 10% so 3 to 1 ratio.
These are percentages total fleet shouldn't come in to play.

• Informative
Reactions: PrGrPa and ucmndd
Only on the Software tab in the car. If you click it 10 times it works better. ;)

HaHa. I went to the car, checked the software tab and did not see manual update, so did the next best thing, changed Advanced to Standard to Advanced hoping that would alert the server. Now I see my car is downloading 40.2.1 (I was on 40.1.1), so now I am thinking one must be at 40.2.1 to receive 40.50.1 and it looks like TeslaFi confirms that. Maybe there's hope yet.

Last edited:
Got update today on my UK Raven S LR. HW3

The notes don't mention FSD visualisations anywhere I can find.

Games and other stuff all as expected.

No obvious change in regen vs temp. But still too soon to tell.

Supercharging seemed slow at 35kw from 70% at 8 deg C ambient after 20 mins at 60mph.