Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update after full reveal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was quite disappointed with the Model 3 unveiling (not much of an unveiling of any sort). Elon barely talked about the car in detail, and the first few people to take delivery weren't even allowed to show the trunk and frunk! Well I didn't care too much about that, but was really dying for the EAP update.. Supercharger v3 info would have been nice too or even an updated S/X on stage wouldn't have hurt - anything else other than Model 3 would have been great honestly (because for some reason they are trying to keep it secret even now after the so called "final unveiling").

You guys do realize this was a thank you party for the workers in Tesla to recognize the work and milestone they had accomplished to get the first production cars into owners hands and not a publicity event like the reveal last year, right? The fact that some Referral Reward people got to go and bring some friends for a ride along with some press and investors that were invited didn't mean that they were the target audience. Just witnesses to the first cars being released. I think the guys at the factory building these know a lot about them already so why do a half hour talk on them for them. Maybe Elon should have just kept this closed to any public based on comments from some people I've read in a few threads. This wasn't the time or place for a sales presentation.

I think they blew it out of the water with the Model 3. That car is amazing.

What I am extremely disappointed about is the fact that the S100D has 335 miles of range, is slightly bigger, and slightly faster for $100k when the Model 3 top of the line will cost $60k with 310 miles of range. They didnt think that through properly. Not enough incentive to pay that much extra for a 100D now.
agree...the 3 is darn close to the s in legroom and size and actualls beats the s60/75 in range which will likely cause many 75s sales to diminish....

I think they blew it out of the water with the Model 3. That car is amazing.

What I am extremely disappointed about is the fact that the S100D has 335 miles of range, is slightly bigger, and slightly faster for $100k when the Model 3 top of the line will cost $60k with 310 miles of range. They didnt think that through properly. Not enough incentive to pay that much extra for a 100D now.

agree...the 3 is darn close to the s in legroom and size and actualls beats the s60/75 in range which will likely cause many 75s sales to diminish....

AWD is a 5K option.

I was also surprised at how little was said and, more particularly, shown about the Model 3. I am glad i did not travel there for a great distance to see only that short presentation (perhaps easy for me to say -- I was not invited.)
But maybe the attendees got to see/hear/do more than was apparent from the video.

I was also surprised at how little was said and, more particularly, shown about the Model 3. I am glad i did not travel there for a great distance to see only that short presentation (perhaps easy for me to say -- I was not invited.)
But maybe the attendees got to see/hear/do more than was apparent from the video.

You might have gotten a ride in a model 3 if you attended.

Reactions: David29