Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update for waiting Model 3 buyers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I decided to call. Couldn't wait haha.

What I found out;
Ship is arriving 25th of Feb all being well. I thought it was meant to be the 18th... Which maybe it still is since there's a ship called Morning Midas currently docked in Port Kembla, Australia and maybe the next stop is Auckland?
Anyways Tesla is finishing off doing deliveries for the last ship that arrived late Jan. Once completed they will focus on the next batch and start sending out invoices and soon after delivery links.
Don't pay the invoice until advised to or pay 3 business days before scheduled pickup. You can pay 5 business days before incase you're a bit worried about the funds clearing in time. Paying the invoice earlier than that is not advised and will not speed your delivery up.

Looking like early March delivery at this stage then.
Thanks for the update!! I gave my advisor a call and it was totally different from what you're advisor told you.

My vehicle has been assigned a VIN and estimated arrival in NZ on the first week of March. He told me to make payment just 72 hours prior to pick up date. He also mentioned. that customers will be receiving invoices in the next few weeks.

It would've been nice if they advised of these updates automatically instead of us ringing them.

They are trying their best to fulfil all orders before the 31 March for the rebate.

Cool thanks.
I'm unsure. My take is that you're meant to receive an invoice (unsure if it's by email or on the site) which shows vin and details, then you can make payment. If making a payment now secured earlier delivery I'd do it now for sure, but I'm not sure that's the case.
Maybe GSD# or someone else can fill us in.
I did receive an email saying the invoice was ready and it had a link to MyAccount which also displays the invoice (my invoice was called Final Invoice 5). You don't need to make payment until the invoice is ready and I don't think paying early would achieve anything.

Thanks for the update!! I gave my advisor a call and it was totally different from what you're advisor told you.

My vehicle has been assigned a VIN and estimated arrival in NZ on the first week of March. He told me to make payment just 72 hours prior to pick up date. He also mentioned. that customers will be receiving invoices in the next few weeks.

It would've been nice if they advised of these updates automatically instead of us ringing them.

They are trying their best to fulfil all orders before the 31 March for the rebate.
Also you can apply for the rebate as soon as you have the final invoice and registration details. Tesla TXTed my registration on Friday (4th Feb) and I applied online for the rebate that same evening. The main thing is that you don't need to wait to receive the car. I still haven't received an email or txt saying when delivery will take place.

Also you can apply for the rebate as soon as you have the final invoice and registration details. Tesla TXTed my registration on Friday (4th Feb) and I applied online for the rebate that same evening. The main thing is that you don't need to wait to receive the car. I still haven't received an email or txt saying when delivery will take place.
awesome thanks. I'm just curious as to why two different advisors will give two different shipping dates... maybe there are two ships on it's way to NZ... fingers crossed lol

awesome thanks. I'm just curious as to why two different advisors will give two different shipping dates... maybe there are two ships on it's way to NZ... fingers crossed lol
My advisor finally called me. My ETA is 28 Feb which is pretty disappointing given it was registered on 4 Feb. Maybe because I am in Wellington, they are consolidating shipping with other Wellington users.

That's awesome! What was your order date?
Be sure to post when you receive it & let us know if it's got the new AMD and other features :D
Got my delivery today
Everything went so smoothly, delivery took 15 mins with Tesla nice lady explaining basic about the car
Car got AMD and new 60Kwh LFP
Charge on delivery was 99% (440 km) , still on old software and a pop up window keeps appearing to update
Good luck for anyone still waiting, all what i can say is that it’s worth it

Got my delivery today
Everything went so smoothly, delivery took 15 mins with Tesla nice lady explaining basic about the car
Charge on delivery was 99% (440 km) , still on old software and a pop up window keeps appearing to update
Thats so exciting! Congrats! Random question but how's the acceleration feel? I've only tried the long range so curious to hear if it's still peppy

Thats so exciting! Congrats! Random question but how's the acceleration feel? I've only tried the long range so curious to hear if it's still peppy
Feels amazing, very smooth and accelerate in no time
i only tried the performance during drive test
I didn’t see any difference on the acceleration between the two to be honest , I didn’t try the performance long enough though

Reactions: Deano_NZ

No worries! Thanks for calling as well. I didn't speak to an advisor, instead I spoke with the operations team.

Weird they said March arrival to you, either way it'll be March delivery.

Yeah It would be nice to get some updates here and there.

I did receive an email saying the invoice was ready and it had a link to MyAccount which also displays the invoice (my invoice was called Final Invoice 5). You don't need to make payment until the invoice is ready and I don't think paying early would achieve anything.
Thanks for the info! :)
That's awesome you can do that. Did it take long for the rebate payment to come through?
Looking at the Aus thread there might be. The ship Morning Midas docked in QLD then NSW & I think it's on it's way to VIC now (I thought it was coming straight here after NSW which got my hopes up it'd be sooner) There's another ship called Morning Crystal arriving to Brisbane on the 11th then possibly NSW & VIC & then hopefully us. Not sure though.
Got my delivery today
Fantastic! Congrats! Thanks for letting us know :D
Nice to know the AMD is confirmed now.

Its not on POA arrivals list at the moment, could be going elsewhere but I'm not sure tesla land cars direct to welly etc.
It looks like the Morning Midas isn't coming here at all, my bad. I thought I'd check the Victoria Port Expected departures and it's going back to Shanghai next.
So pretty much confirms Morning Crystal as our boat :D
Wonder how long it'll take from the 21st until deliveries start.
& If anyone is interested in tracking the ship you can do it HERE