Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update for waiting Model 3 buyers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the info! :)

That's awesome you can do that. Did it take long for the rebate payment to come through?
Haven't received anything yet, but got the ack from LTSA on Friday. Hoping it takes about a week
Looking at the Aus thread there might be. The ship Morning Midas docked in QLD then NSW & I think it's on it's way to VIC now (I thought it was coming straight here after NSW which got my hopes up it'd be sooner) There's another ship called Morning Crystal arriving to Brisbane on the 11th then possibly NSW & VIC & then hopefully us. Not sure though.

Fantastic! Congrats! Thanks for letting us know :D
Nice to know the AMD is confirmed now.

Haven't received anything yet, but got the ack from LTSA on Friday. Hoping it takes about a week
Hopefully it comes through soon. Keep us posted if you can. Thanks :)
I imagine it's probably going to be a lot slower by the time I do it, due to the mass influx of people ordering before the switch over to the new rebate scheme.

Busy day delivering cars at Tesla delivery centres in Sydney so NZ deliveries shouldn’t be far behind.
With the rise in volumes this year it looks like they have changed the logistics as the first batch of Model 3 came on a boat that stopped in Auckland first, but as sales have quadrupled in 2021 V 2020 (12,000 V 3,000) they now come on a dedicated boat direct to Port Kembla just south of Sydney.

After being told by my advisor I'd get the car on the 28th (Wellington), I just got a call saying they are delivering it in 2 hours. Didn't get any texts about dates. While it's a nice surprise, would prefer some consistency in the notification process.

Reactions: 42069
After being told by my advisor I'd get the car on the 28th (Wellington), I just got a call saying they are delivering it in 2 hours. Didn't get any texts about dates. While it's a nice surprise, would prefer some consistency in the notification process.
Thats a nice surprise! Happy to hear you're getting it quicker. Enjoy :)