Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Update the stock sub

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a qustion for you guys. I'm really just a noob when it comes to audio. I've seen the sub upgrade of using the NVX sub and amp. THe current sub in the UHF system is 8" why not create an enclosure for a 10" sub and use the same hookups. So long as you get a sub that has the same watts and ohms? Is this feasable?

And it looks like this when taken out:
f93e3b57747df0d557850f8098210b66.jpg

if you get a sub with the same ohm and watt rating, then you should be fine then the stock amp should be able to push it. Not sure if you can reuse the stock enclosure for a 10 in sub and would imagine that doing so wouldn't make much of a sound quality/loudness difference. No expert either, but I would imagine that the stock amplifier is pretty low powered, so the 10" sub would also have to be pretty weak. In my opinion, upgrading the sub to a better 8 inch sub and adding a better amplifier would probably yield better results.

Last edited: