TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Updated delivery date

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by majestic_m00se, Aug 28, 2018.

1. majestic_m00se

Background. I preordered about two years ago. Not a day one reservation but a few months after. In late June when the website opened up for everyone I pulled the trigger and ordered a P3D with black seats in red with spoiler and wheel upgrades. No autopilot for now, will update to that down the road.

My order said August 18 to October 18th until a few days ago. Now it says Estimated Delivery by October 18th.

So my question is did it get pushed back or am I still in the window? This last leg of the wait is killer, and I keep hearing about more and more people getting theirs very quickly or getting calls from Tesla days later.

Has anyone else had a similar update to their order page?

2. wbhokie

wbhokie Member

I'm pretty sure it says October '18 (Meaning 2018) not 18th.

3. majestic_m00se

That would make sense. I'd still like a call from someone just so I can start setting up my loan.

4. wbhokie

wbhokie Member

All of us with the dreaded "by october '18" would like a call :)

• Like x 1
  5. joshk6656

joshk6656 Member

I'd recommend getting approved with a credit union that will do it without a VIN, then using lightstream to beat the rate. If you are lucky, you will get an unsecured loan, and can get the money deposited into your account and pay with a cashiers check.

6. Kelby Linn

Kelby Linn Member

I'm showing Sept 18 - Nov 18 date range... I'd take October for sure at this point. Reserved: 11-11-16, order placed 07-03-18.
    • Long Range All-Wheel Drive
    • Pearl White Paint
    • 18’’ Aero Wheels
    • Premium Interior
    • Premium Black
    • Enhanced Autopilot
    Waiting on Delivery date to be established...

7. majestic_m00se

My biggest concern is that the full cost of the car might differ, car tax, than what is quoted to me on my Tesla order page.