Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Updated design?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After 2+ years, the Model 3 and Y now have identical headlights and taillights. Don't expect them to diverge, after all this time and efforts.
5yrs seems to be the standard refresh cycle.
S - 3 generations
X - 2 gens

Would make sense if we see some significant changes that first appear on the 3, then trickle down to the Y as the supply of head and tail lamps are exhausted.

The 3 already got a refresh for 2021/22. New interior, heat pump, MCU, etc.
That’s far from a refresh, and it rolled out across 3+ yrs.

Lemme rephrase:
S has had 3 different front ends, multiple revisions to the exterior and interior that the average buyer would notice.
X has had 2 different front ends and the same revisions as the S.

The 3 got a heat pump largely due to cost cutting and sharing many parts with the Y. Micro improvements if you will.

That’s far from a refresh, and it rolled out across 3+ yrs.

Lemme rephrase:
S has had 3 different front ends, multiple revisions to the exterior and interior that the average buyer would notice.
X has had 2 different front ends and the same revisions as the S.

The 3 got a heat pump largely due to cost cutting and sharing many parts with the Y. Micro improvements if you will.
Well said. The 3 has yet to receive a true refresh. Interior updates were very minor.

6 years is a long time to go without a refresh. I wouldn’t consider replacing mine until that happens.

The recent price drop on the 3 yesterday reminds me of when Tesla kept dropping prices on the S before announcing the refresh to clear out inventory.

prediction: Tesla will open up orders for the long range 3 with the new/refreshed model when they announce it in March.

Reactions: buckets0fun