Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Updated Info on 2020 Roadster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Why is $3 million ICE car a competition for the Roadster? Not to mention the Roadster probably will still beat it in most performance matrix with or even without the SpaceX package. If I do have that kind of money and willing to buy an ICE (which I am not) I'd buy a Koenigsegg that should perform at least as good and have even more exclusivity.

• Love
Reactions: MikeBur
Intent of new Tesla Roadster is to beat gas sports cars on every performance metric by far, no exceptions, thus transferring the “halo crown” effect gas cars have as the top speed leaders over to pure electric.

I suspect the R2 is going to be another one of those Tesla products that cuts across pre-existing market categories. It's not really going to have any direct competitor, though it may be cross-shopped with a variety of different makes and models.

As for the Valkyrie… I look at what they're doing with it, and I look at the specs and price tag, and I just shake my head in bemusement. It's madness. Glorious madness, perhaps, but I'll leave that to others. It's not relevant to me.

If (and that is a big if) you want to compare the Tesla R2 against others cars, I suggest comparing it to cars that are not just in limited production. Compare it to other cars that can be purchased at the same time (2020 or 2021).

These limited production cars are mostly collectors' items, not driven on regular roads. I for one am planning on using the R2 as my daily driver - hopefully retired by then (TSLA >1,000) and looking for plenty of mileage.

If (and that is a big if) you want to compare the Tesla R2 against others cars, I suggest comparing it to cars that are not just in limited production. Compare it to other cars that can be purchased at the same time (2020 or 2021).

These limited production cars are mostly collectors' items, not driven on regular roads. I for one am planning on using the R2 as my daily driver - hopefully retired by then (TSLA >1,000) and looking for plenty of mileage.

My plan is to DD it as well. There's really no other competition for me - I want electric, autopilot and semi-exotic. If it wasn't for the Roadster, I'd just continue to drive the MS which would be totally fine.