Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Updated to 2023.44.30 (cabin camera enforcement) Anyway to roll back??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My first experience with this was this week. Sunny morning, on the freeway, set EAP and the damn wipers start running. Freshly detailed car, dry windshield and sunny day. I reach over and go into settings to turn off the wipers and car immediately starts slowing down with red warning on screen to take over. As much as I love this car this idiotic reliance on cameras that can’t do all the work of rain sensors or sonar is insane. How can a car that’s so good be so bad at times.

Reactions: Kimmi
I put off updating for some time, but found a change with 44.30.14 that I'm dissapointed about.

When the car was new, setting recirulate OFF (but leaving the HVAC in "auto") would not persist between drives. Next time I'd start driving it would revert back to "auto". Then some time around 2022 I was peasantly surprised to find after one of the updates the setting WOULD persist. As long as I didn't change the HVAC mode, or take it out and back into "auto", it would keep recirc ON (or OFF) if I set it that way.

Until now.

This update has reverted the behavior. If I set recirc on or off, park and come back (not sure if right away or only overnight), the recirc button reverts back to an automatic mode.