Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Updates to referral program (7/7/23)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like always got to be a cut -off somewhere when they improve things, though the devaluation has to hurt. Other clothing/ wall charger redemptions seem better value, particularly given the six month window on the supercharger redemptions.

I got lucky today with two referrals in two hours ( one friend who had been on the fence and I emailed about the extra $$s off, and i think one from one of the FB forums)

Reactions: Darmie and RichardV
I'm glad to see they bought the referrals back. No better way to advertise a car than through personal ownership. As any Tesla owner knows, we're always selling the brand to anyone that want's to listen. Might as well be incentivized.

Reactions: moa999
Referred someone just before the change and they were moved over to the $750 discount, but my account still shows 2000 points pending instead of 10,000

So seems they are updating it for the buyer and not the referrer :mad:

Referred someone just before the change and they were moved over to the $750 discount, but my account still shows 2000 points pending instead of 10,000

So seems they are updating it for the buyer and not the referrer :mad:
Yeah a few of us are in the same situation. Not happy about it.

The wording on it makes it sounds like it should be granted on Delivery so in theory, they should change the referrer from the 2K to the 10K when the car is delivered. So ours is going to be picked up this Saturday at 2 PM CT. So we will see if it corrects itsself but im not holding out hope.

8K points is a big difference, otherwise I wouldnt really care if it was only a couple.

Took delivery yesterday and yes I received 2000 credits. I just emailed them via their contact us site this: (I was limited in the amount I could type or it would have been much longer)

Referral Program incorrect credits provided.

My friend ordered and used my link to pick up a Model Y yesterday. Here is a snippet from that email I received:
"When a friend or family member uses your referral link to order a new Model 3 or Model Y, you will receive 10,000 credits once they take delivery."
Please credit my account the additional 8000 credits, as they picked it up yesterday.

Took delivery yesterday and yes I received 2000 credits. I just emailed them via their contact us site this: (I was limited in the amount I could type or it would have been much longer)

Referral Program incorrect credits provided.

My friend ordered and used my link to pick up a Model Y yesterday. Here is a snippet from that email I received:
"When a friend or family member uses your referral link to order a new Model 3 or Model Y, you will receive 10,000 credits once they take delivery."
Please credit my account the additional 8000 credits, as they picked it up yesterday.
Did they order before the 7th?

That's particularly bad when they increased the cost of everything in the store and points funny arrive until the order is completed.

I only think the surcharging rewards changed.
500km one removed, and 1500km increased cost. Other awards looked similar to me.

They kind of have to pass on chargers to the buyer, much like a price decrease, otherwise everyone just cancels.

So you got an email as a referrer? I didn't, only the person who bought using my referral got one.
yep here is a screen shot of it:

1690206863593.png

yeah it is a US one, we get $500 here.

Let me check my mails for one prior to the 7th.
did you hear back from Tesla? I'm in the same exact boat. my friend ordered on the 6th and took delivery last week, but he got the updated referral deal of $500 off. If it wasnt for Tesla reps telling him that I will receive the 10k credits I would have just told my friend to cancel and reorder and I would have given him the $250. ):