Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrade from 42.2 to 42.4 Failed - 'Contact Tesla Service'

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a reupdate. Finally back to 42.4. Autopilot is back. Life is good.

Lucky duck. I have called a few times now over the weekend and they appear ill equipped to do any more than tell me to sit tight. I have rebooted the car, used my phone as a hotspot just in case it didn't think my wifi signal strength wasn't good enough in case they were trying to send another update, emailed support at tesla and cc'd my service center.. Guess I will have to just call my service center tomorrow and see if they can help. Glad I wasn't driving across the country this weekend or anything or the lack of cruise, autopilot, and light always on would have really been annoying. Guess I won't install updates right away anymore.

Why you guys are already on 42.4 from 42.2. I am still on 39.7. I did everything I can including Wi-Fi to ensure no barrier to get quick update.
Not sure you are missing much. Other than a concerning weekend when the update went sideways wondering if I'd have to drive 2+ hrs to service for them to resolve. I know what you are saying though. Sure wish you could initiate a check for updates rather than wonder if you are doing everything right in order to receive them when the mother-ship gives their blessing.

Not sure you are missing much. Other than a concerning weekend when the update went sideways wondering if I'd have to drive 2+ hrs to service for them to resolve. I know what you are saying though. Sure wish you could initiate a check for updates rather than wonder if you are doing everything right in order to receive them when the mother-ship gives their blessing.

My biggest miss is the regen brake change. I heard RWD got the biggest change. I have RWD version. Also, curious whether no EAP plays a role in delay of my updates.

My biggest miss is the regen brake change. I heard RWD got the biggest change. I have RWD version. Also, curious whether no EAP plays a role in delay of my updates.

I'm in an RWD car with no EAP and received 42.2 about a week ago, following by a failed update on Friday, and 42.4 Sunday morning. There is no discernible rhyme or reason to how updates are sent out, so I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

I'm in an RWD car with no EAP and received 42.2 about a week ago, following by a failed update on Friday, and 42.4 Sunday morning. There is no discernible rhyme or reason to how updates are sent out, so I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Good. At least EAP is not the reason. I just want to narrow down the problem because I am constantly behind in most updates. Do you mind sharing what date you got the 39.7 update?

Good. At least EAP is not the reason. I just want to narrow down the problem because I am constantly behind in most updates. Do you mind sharing what date you got the 39.7 update?

10/9.

I've found one behavior that has seemingly worked for me multiple times. This is pure speculation and very well may be coincidence, but I've found that rebooting the car once it's flagged for the update makes the message pop up in very short turn. Not that this moves your cars place up in the mystical 'line' that tesla has for flagging cars as eligible, but I think that rebooting once the car is flagged (again, not that you have any way of knowing) forces the car to phone home in a way that triggers the download.

With 39.7, 42.3 (which failed), and 42.4 all downloaded and notified me that they were available within two hours of rebooting while at home connected to wifi. Again, not saying that this is hard evidence, but it's worked for me a few times.