Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrade rear trim bar....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

aerodyne

2 of 3 EV's - Defect Free!
Nov 19, 2018
Los Angeles
I have ordered the word art emblem (Tesla letters) from Tesla.

As usual, it was painful, but finally confirmed the order.

The rear trim bar on the '23 is slightly different than the '22, but I hope it will fit.

I'm annoyed with the fact the took the embossed word art away from the trim bar in the first place.

Anyone else with a '22 MS do this?

So you’ll be attaching those chrome letters onto your black trim? Or it’s all one piece that you’ll be replacing ? How much were they?
I wonder how comparable something like these are from Amazon?
IMG_7115.png

So you’ll be attaching those chrome letters onto your black trim? Or it’s all one piece that you’ll be replacing ? How much were they?
View attachment 947755

Correct, letters only, no trim piece.

30 bucks including tax fron Tesla, I will get it in about a week.

I wondered about Amazon as well, but for about $30, try the OEM first.

I had aftermarket in red, some might find that tacky. They did not pair well with the undersized Tesla car cover, pulled some elements off.

Will report back when I have them in hand.

Correct, letters only, no trim piece.

30 bucks including tax fron Tesla, I will get it in about a week.

I wondered about Amazon as well, but for about $30, try the OEM first.

I had aftermarket in red, some might find that tacky. They did not pair well with the undersized Tesla car cover, pulled some elements off.

Will report back when I have them in hand.
Ooo that’s a good price from Tesla. Yeah keep us posted, that’s awesome.

View attachment 947755

The description says those letters are made of ABS plastic. The trim piece is not a flat surface, so I don't see how these would work. I assume the letters from Tesla are a sticker, and not a hard emblem?

Yes.

What you get is the applique, much thinner than the aftermarket ones. Yes, the rear trim bar is different, but I think I can work around that

I have it after only a month and two visits to the SvC.

I have not installed it yet.

It's in the EPC, but P/N on the part is:

Attachments

• 16890842495804947558717464841360.jpg
    16890842495804947558717464841360.jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 61
Yes.

What you get is the applique, much thinner than the aftermarket ones. Yes, the rear trim bar is different, but I think I can work around that

I have it after only a month and two visits to the SvC.

I have not installed it yet.

It's in the EPC, but P/N on the part is:

The issue with our trim piece is that it has a curve down the center of the trim.

When I tried to apply the letters, you will have to either be above the curve line or below it and thus the letters will be either too high up or too low down and will look funky.

Not sure what i am saying make sense

Reactions: TLLMRRJ
The issue with our trim piece is that it has a curve down the center of the trim.

When I tried to apply the letters, you will have to either be above the curve line or below it and thus the letters will be either too high up or too low down and will look funky.

Makes sense. The new bar is just an entirely different animal than the old bar.

It does make sense. I'm just not willing to remove a piece of the car lest I see things I don't like under it.

The letters will be above the crease in the old style bar and will look fine IMO. They are 0.70 high, the flat portion is over an inch.