Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrades to a leased vehicle.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday was my first full day with my 85D. It's everything I expected. I'm looking forward to getting the new wheels, caliper covers, a few vinyl accents, and the de-chroming done (plasti-dip). All that stuff is pretty simple to remove when I return the vehicle in three years.

My bigger concern is what to do about the audio. I bought the NVX package from evannex in advance, and after listening to the factory system (non-upgraded), I'm glad I got it. My concern is whether to pay for both install and removal in three years, and whether there would be any permanent issues. Even paying twice, it would still be less expensive than the factory system, but then I'm going to have to do the same thing again with a new vehicle. The other option would be to just eat the $1500 or so (audio package plus install), but I could certainly see Tesla throwing a fit.

Has anyone done a modification of this extent on a lease?

I have the same question about window tinting I suppose, but assuming I keep it reasonable, I can't imagine Tesla having a problem with it.

Yesterday was my first full day with my 85D. It's everything I expected. I'm looking forward to getting the new wheels, caliper covers, a few vinyl accents, and the de-chroming done (plasti-dip). All that stuff is pretty simple to remove when I return the vehicle in three years.

My bigger concern is what to do about the audio. I bought the NVX package from evannex in advance, and after listening to the factory system (non-upgraded), I'm glad I got it. My concern is whether to pay for both install and removal in three years, and whether there would be any permanent issues. Even paying twice, it would still be less expensive than the factory system, but then I'm going to have to do the same thing again with a new vehicle. The other option would be to just eat the $1500 or so (audio package plus install), but I could certainly see Tesla throwing a fit.

Has anyone done a modification of this extent on a lease?

I have the same question about window tinting I suppose, but assuming I keep it reasonable, I can't imagine Tesla having a problem with it.
They made it clear to me that basically any aftermarket equipment or changes need to be reset before return but she also made a specific exception for window tint. I'm wondering if they'll pull my center console then...

Even paying twice, it would still be less expensive than the factory system, but then I'm going to have to do the same thing again with a new vehicle. The other option would be to just eat the $1500 or so (audio package plus install), but I could certainly see Tesla throwing a fit.

I don't understand how your aftermarket system is less costly than the upgraded factory system if you are leasing. The upgraded factory system adds $39 to the monthly lease price. $39 x 36 months = $1404 over the life of the lease.