TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Upgradging from 60 to 75 on Lease

Discussion in 'Model S' started by sepsepb, Apr 17, 2017.

1. sepsepb

sepsepb Member

I have a 60D on a lease that I took delivery on in September. With the new price decrease, this upgrade seems like a no-brainer. However, I was wondering if anybody has actually done this on a lease.

Do you pay the full amount for the upgrade? Shouldn't they technically prorate your lump sum payment or incorporate it into your monthly lease payments?

Was just curious if anybody has done this and how much they paid.

Thanks!

2. plasmo

plasmo Member

I'm interested to see the answer to this as well...

3. chillaban

chillaban Active Member

You would pay the full amount. They will not redo your finance contract for the option.

It's no different from getting equipment upgrades or performance packs on a BMW M-line model while leased.

• Informative x 2
  4. sepsepb

sepsepb Member

If I pay the full amount for the upgrade I should "own" what I pay for (whether I buy out my lease at the end or not). If you are correct, this doesn't really make sense and the after-delivery upgrades are kind of priced deceptively.

5. ShockOnT

ShockOnT Quickish

You could take a personal loan for the amount and set the payback period to be the same as remains on your lease.
    A bit unusual perhaps, but might give you the result you're after.

6. JPUConn

JPUConn Member

Don't do it unless you absolutely need the range.