Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Urgh. MCU Bite The Dust

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In my experience, the techs are like children playing with erector sets (our cars). When I've taken my car into the service center it always come back with something else wrong or some type of damage. My local mobile ranger, on the other hand, is aces.

In my experience, the techs are like children playing with erector sets (our cars). When I've taken my car into the service center it always come back with something else wrong or some type of damage. My local mobile ranger, on the other hand, is aces.

You got that right. They have screwed up my amp and now said since it is 3rd party install they are not allowed to figure out why it doesn’t work. It worked when I brought it in! sheesh.

You got that right. They have screwed up my amp and now said since it is 3rd party install they are not allowed to figure out why it doesn’t work. It worked when I brought it in! sheesh.

Same thing happened to me, aftermarket high end stereo, fortunately my installer got it swapped under under amp warranty and installed a power on trigger wire kill switch so i trip that when i have to go visit the idiot village for service. Apparently there are some wierd power glitches when you do power off from the mcu and then reboot. we measured high amp draw (YMMV, these cars are basically snowflakes, no two are the same especially electrically)

Reactions: smilepak
Just got car back with MCU2 update. Still amp not working. Will have to take it to where I had installed and pay them to diagnose it, argh.

It's snappier on the response. No FM, another argh!

$2500.00 Plus tax

They seems to always forget their tools in my car each time I take it in. Left another one. Sloppy.