Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB Center Console not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2020 Model X Extended Range.

I like the center console USB port for use in the security system.

I have installed three consecutive jump drives, but each one crashes after a few days. They appear to format just fine.

No other problems noted. I love the car, my second Tesla after I sold my 2013 MS60 to get this car. Never had any problems with the MS60.

Likely have to take the car in for Tesla service, but want to avoid it if at all possible and if someone has some suggestions other than the obvious one of go to the service center.

Thanks!

I have a 2020 Model X Extended Range.

I like the center console USB port for use in the security system.

I have installed three consecutive jump drives, but each one crashes after a few days. They appear to format just fine.

No other problems noted. I love the car, my second Tesla after I sold my 2013 MS60 to get this car. Never had any problems with the MS60.

Likely have to take the car in for Tesla service, but want to avoid it if at all possible and if someone has some suggestions other than the obvious one of go to the service center.

Thanks!
Make sure you are using a high-quality USB drive with a high-speed rating. I am using this drive with good luck. Every couple of months I have to re-plug it in, but it always works after that. I also prefer to use a smaller driver (32GB) over larger drive. Some people also use SSDs.