Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB Drive not accessible via dashcam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been getting this error lately using my sandisk usb. “usb drive is not accessible via dashcam- reformat the drive to a supported format”. The sandisk has been working perfectly ever since I got the car months ago. But lately I got the repeated error. I reformatted it and it worked for a few days and then the error is back. Wondering if this has something to do with v10.

I’ve been getting this error lately using my sandisk usb. “usb drive is not accessible via dashcam- reformat the drive to a supported format”. The sandisk has been working perfectly ever since I got the car months ago. But lately I got the repeated error. I reformatted it and it worked for a few days and then the error is back. Wondering if this has something to do with v10.

What are you using to format the drive?

Used the Fat32 formatter utility from Ridgecrop Consultants. This has worked fine for months. Just these past two weeks I'm getting a format error after a few days of usage. Also have the usb drive on a splitter with my Nomad wireless charger.

Ridgecrop Consultants Ltd

Just in case it helps....

See my post here:

Model 3 dash cam and sentry setup help

The ridgecrop format wasn't working at all with my sandisk.

But this program did the trick:

https://www.rmprepusb.com/documents/rmprepusb-beta-versions

Worth a try?

Did you try rebooting the car? I got that message the other day and nothing would work formatting wise. It was a Samsung T5 500GB. I rebooted the car and it started working again.

• Informative
Reactions: jordanair45
Just in case it helps....

See my post here:

Model 3 dash cam and sentry setup help

The ridgecrop format wasn't working at all with my sandisk.

But this program did the trick:

https://www.rmprepusb.com/documents/rmprepusb-beta-versions

Worth a try?

Did you try rebooting the car? I got that message the other day and nothing would work formatting wise. It was a Samsung T5 500GB. I rebooted the car and it started working again.

Gave both of these a shot. After reformatting and restarting, it recognizes it. Let's see if the error pops up again.

Reactions: Glamisduner

This worked for me !

I was getting the same error on a new ssd install and I reformatted it twice. Wouldn’t read.

A quick car reboot (press and hold down both steering wheel buttons down at the same time ) did the trick.

thank you !

Reactions: Glamisduner
I'm sick and tired of swapping USB cards and following instructions here and there, since nothing works ( permanently).
I have contacted CS and made appointment in Tesla Service Center, but they where not able to help. This should be Tesla issue and not the USB card issue. Tesla should recommend a card and prove that it works.
The last thing I did was buying the "SanDisk MobileMate USB 3.0 microSD Card Reader" and used it together with "
SanDisk 128GB High Endurance Video MicroSDXC Card".
It worked only for a week. I see the "triangle with exclamation sing in it" next to "sentry mode logo" next to " dashcam logo" which has a grey x in it.
A reboot should not be an acceptable solution to the issue same as a "Reboot" solution to my PC issue as recommended by the oversea CS rep of DELL!

I'm sick and tired of swapping USB cards and following instructions here and there, since nothing works ( permanently).
I have contacted CS and made appointment in Tesla Service Center, but they where not able to help. This should be Tesla issue and not the USB card issue. Tesla should recommend a card and prove that it works.
The last thing I did was buying the "SanDisk MobileMate USB 3.0 microSD Card Reader" and used it together with "
SanDisk 128GB High Endurance Video MicroSDXC Card".
It worked only for a week. I see the "triangle with exclamation sing in it" next to "sentry mode logo" next to " dashcam logo" which has a grey x in it.
A reboot should not be an acceptable solution to the issue same as a "Reboot" solution to my PC issue as recommended by the oversea CS rep of DELL!
Can you access the content of your SD card with your computer or Smartphone?

if you have issues with intermittent non recognition of the sentrycam card, just try replugging it back into the usb port.

i run sandisk high endurance microsd and never had an error that required formatting. only a few times needed to reseat in usb slot

Reactions: lUtriaNt